Chapter 24

When we got back to the village the next day, we heard a commotion coming from the hospital when we were on our way to drop off our mission report and the files I stole. We decided to take a detour to see what it was about, because it sounded rather serious, almost like a fight was happening. What we saw made my heart almost break. Naruto and Sasuke were trying to kill each other for real this time. Naruto had a rasengan out and pointed at Sasuke, while Sasuke had a chidori aimed for Naruto. What they hell are they thinking? They couldn't possibly want to kill each other, could they? Good lord. They'll be the death of me. As we got closer, I saw that Sakura was trying to jump in between them to stop them, and my heart stopped. They couldn't stop. They'd kill her. Damnit.

"Get Sakura! I'll take care of the other two!" Kakashi yelled as we jumped in to hopefully save them in time. I tackled Sakura out of the air before she could get between Naruto and Sasuke, and Kakashi grabbed them just in time and deflected them towards the water towers. My breathing came back, but anger filled me. How could they be so stupid? What the hell were they thinking.

"Sakura, what the hell happened?" I yelled, making her flinch. My anger had never been directed at her before, and I could tell she feared me. It didn't bother me though. The three of them were being idiots.

"They were fighting, and I tired to stop it." She said panicked. I shook my head.

"You should never have jumped between them! Do you know what would have happened? They would have killed you, and probably themselves, Sakura! Don't ever do that again!" I scolded her. She just nodded and then started crying.

"And you two, what the hell? Sasuke, that chidori was not meant for a friend. And Naruto, you don't use the rasengan against a comrade." Kakashi said sternly. He was nicer than I would have been, that's for sure. Both boys looked angry, and I don't doubt that they were. You'd have to be angry to try something like this.

"We weren't trying to kill each other." Naruto said angrily, looking between me and Kakashi, probably looking for validation.

"You could have fooled me." I said, venom falling in my tone.

"Hn. I don't have time for this. I'm leaving." Sasuke pulled his arm out of the water tower and walked away. I let him go. He obviously needs to cool off. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the one who started this. He's been so angry lately, and it all seems to come back to Naruto for some reason.

I put my head in my hands and tried to think of what we could do to fix this. I know that they are rivals, but this is taking it too far. Someone needs to beat some sense into them.

"Kakashi. You shouldn't have taught chidori to Sasuke. He's too filled with hate, and too immature to handle it." Jiraiya said, seemingly coming out of nowhere. I glared at him. He has a lot of freaking nerve when he taught something equally destructive to Naruto.

"I could say the same thing. Naruto should not have learned the rasengan yet. He wasn't ready." Kakashi stated, glare fixed on Jiraiya. I sighed, and decided to play mediator, despite how I felt about either of them learning those jutsus.

"It's too late to argue about it now." I said flatly. Kakashi glanced at me, most likely shocked that I was trying to stop another fight. "They already know it, and nothing we can do will change that. We have to teach them, instead." I sighed. I didn't want to do this. I actually wanted to go and punch Sasuke a few times so maybe he'd get that he's acting like an ass. But that's not very sisterly or professional, so I guess it's out of the question.

"You're right." Jiraiya said and went over to Naruto. I decided to follow him, and let Kakashi cool off a bit. He seemed more on edge than usual.

"Naruto, you understand why we're upset, right? You two can be rivals, but you can't fight like that. Sparring is one thing, but that was not sparring." I put my hand on his head like his dad used to do to me, and gave him a soft smile. "I don't know who started the fight, or what happened, but you do not use the rasengan on anything you don't want to kill. Understand?"