Lucas Reels In

Today's Friday, meaning it's one day before the weekend! I'm so excited. I headed over to the library again because that is where I'll have a class on Monday morning. The most interesting class ever, which was film. I went to another building last Wednesday for it, and that wasn't too difficult to find. This class is the longest one this semester: it lasts for two hours, from 10 to 12. At first, I didn't know that the library had a second floor. Or even a third floor! That was truly amazing. I walked around the main floor in hopes of finding the room for my upcoming class. Unfortunately, I haven't just yet. All I saw were study tables with thousands of books in shelves right across. Nope, I thought. No rooms in this floor. Then I sighed.

If it were actually Monday today, then I would've been late for class! I'm so glad I'm finding it in advance. Then I walked over to the second floor. Not much luck here either. More books and study tables, but no classrooms. Well, there was a computer lab in there, but that possibly couldn't be the one.

My last stop was the third floor. Still nothing so far. This is impossible, I thought. I've looked everywhere. But then, through a glass window, I saw what appears to be a room with a class inside. That must be it. It looked much like a high school class, a small room with large desks and not many people. The whole room was completely white.

Wow. I can't believe I have to walk two flights of stairs just to get to this class. That's as worse as having to go to the third floor in my high school just to use my locker. A guy who looked slightly familiar to me walked toward the room and froze. His eyes moved everywhere while his posture stayed still throughout. Then he nodded his head. Not noticing me, I realized it was the guy from the book store. What was he doing here? I mean, seriously. What are the odds of finding me HERE at THIS TIME?

I couldn't believe it was him. I ran up to him and exclaimed, "How did you find me here? YOU STALKER!"

He held his index finger in front of his lips. "Shh... this is a library, remember? You don't need to be loud."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I just embarrassed myself for the millionth time. "Oh. Right."

"May I ask you, what is your name? And will you have a class in here?"

I was still upset with him, but I'll answer him anyway. "I'm Jillian Bradley, but I'd like to be called Jill. I don't really like my real name that much. I'll have a class in here on Monday. Monday morning to be exact, if that helps you in any way."

"Hello, Jill. I'm Lucas. Lucas Jadzewski. Nicknames throw me off." He said that with a smile. "I have a class here too, on a Monday morning as well. What would the class be?"

"I'll have a film class in here..."

His eyes grew wide and looked amazed. "That's great. Same here!"

Does that mean... I'll have a class with this guy for TWO HOURS?! Oh no. He's going to constantly bug me and force his bragging rights on me and say "I got this book before you did! Woot woot!" ...okay hold on. Where was I in this conversation? "That's cool. I guess you'll be sharing a class with me. But I didn't see you in the other building last Wednesday..."

"You guess? No way! You'll have it with me for sure," he said. "Maybe you didn't notice me that time because you didn't see me at the book store yet."

"Oh, okay. That makes a lot of sense. Well anyway, thanks for being around. Now if you excuse me--"

Lucas cut me off and blocked my path. "Wait! I don't have any friends in school at the moment. Go chill with me for a bit! My next class isn't until the afternoon."

"Well I don't have friends here either! None of them go to school here."

"Therefore, this is a good start to make one new friend, who is me."