Eye Candy

During the next morning, I got an e-mail saying that Luke replied to my comment on his video.

Luke Preston: Thanks Jill! Will be making more of these vids in the near future. Stay tuned! :)

Wow. That was fast. Well, maybe it's because he doesn't have a lot of fans yet. I mean, he's just a random musician from here that went away to the States.

When I get off at the bus station, I hear a slightly familiar voice behind me. I turn around to see that it isn't Lucas. It's Lerland.

Lerland smiles and waves at me. "Hey! We have English today, right?"

I nod my head. "Yes. We do."

"Okay good. I nearly forgot for one second. By the way, can we walk over to the Centre? I'm hungry. I need to buy something."

"Sure, I don't have class here until 11:30."

"11:30?!" Lerland's small blue-grey eyes grew bigger. "What the--" Then he rolls his eyes and pouts at me. "Seriously. It's just 9:30 right now. It's way too early. I have class at 10 in that building over there. That's the art building." He points to a modern-looking glass building with white walls as its interior. It's just across the bus station.

"That's a nice building," I say. "I'd like to check it out before going to the Centre."

Lerland and I both cross the street to get there. When we go in, the building's newness and modern look give me calm and peaceful feelings. There were also stairs in front of us that we used to get to his room.

Lerland opens the white door and I follow him inside. The odd thing is, pretty much all I saw when I went in this building is that the majority of the area was white. Not where we are now.

Lerland puts his bag on a chair beside a blonde girl. "Hey!" he says to her.

I guess that's one of his friends or something.

He introduces her to me. "This is Reagan. New girl I just met here. I think she's really cool."

I notice that her beautiful hair is curled and tied back. Seems like she can pull off the look no matter what day it is. Unlike me.

"Hi Reagan..." I awkwardly say. My first impression of her is that she's what I call 'the average girl'. Her outfit's pretty. She pairs a white cardigan with a black top. Not just a simple one-- hers had a ton of blingy things on it. She wears a skirt as well. I myself never wear skirts. And she has some makeup on...

Reagan stops me from overthinking. "Hey. What's your name?" She sounds annoyed.

Before I got to say to anything, Lerland stops me. "That's Jill. Girl from English class."

Great. Just great. I made a mess of myself in front of her. This is why I don't make friends easily.

I sigh. "What Lerland said..."

"Lerland? Who's that? Oh, you mean Evan!" She turns to Lerland. "Haha, I like the name Evan. Why don't you like it for yourself?"

"Because it doesn't suit me. I don't look like an Evan at all," Lerland replies.

Instead of listening to them talk, I'm thinking of bringing the topic of Lucas up to Lerland. Lucas told me that their friendship has recently been broken. I want to make Lucas happy again. The thought of me bringing them back together makes me feel warm inside. The ideal... that's what I call the group of events that I want to see happen. Getting them to be friends again is one of them.

Lerland's voice pops 'the ideal' bubble. "Jill! Why are you staring at me like that? It's creepy."

Oh no. I zoned out not knowing that my eyes were on Lerland the whole time. No. No. NO! "Um... I was... uh..."