~One~

::::

Yang Jeongin:

Day 1

I've woken up to a lot of different things before.

For example, my dog barking. Or the doorbell ringing. Or my parents screaming at my little brother for misbehaving.

But today, I did not expect to wake up to me literally fading away.

How could this even have happened? I act like everyone else, I dress like everyone else, I do things most people would normally do. How could I be different?

I sat up straighter in my bed, my hair all messed up and my gray over sized teeshirt dropping down my shoulder. I whipped out my left hand and stared at it, and noticed it was glitching in a sort of way.

It wasn't disappearing all at once. It was fading away completely, and then coming back again every other second. And then it stopped, and my hand was back to normal.

But that doesn't change the fact it's happening. When people fade away, it's slow and terrifying. And it's happening to me.

I pulled out my phone in a panic, and texted my group chat.

The Meme Team

guys, we have an emergency

minecraft isn't cool:
what do you mean by that

just meet me at the spot in twenty minutes

cauliflower:
is this a real emergency or just
an excuse to get Starbucks

A REAL EMERGENCY

cat attack:
alright, we will there

thank you :(

I've know all my friends since elementary school. We are now in high school, and being the youngest of the group can be a workout cause they never know when I'm messing with them. But this is really serious.

The 'Spot' is what we call an old Starbucks around the corner from my house that absolutely nobody goes to anymore. There's only ever one person working a shift, but we go there because we always have the place to ourselves. And Starbucks is awesome!

I threw on a sweatshirt and sneakers, and left the house in my pajamas, not even bothering to fix my black hair and get dressed. Since it's only 8:00 in the morning, everyone in my house is still asleep. But they'll know I'm at the spot when they wake up and I'm not here.

I ran around the corner, and busted through the Starbucks door five minutes later. None of my friends have arrived yet, and the only person inside was the barista working the morning shift.

"Hey Jeongin!" She greeted, a smile on her face. "Do you want the usual?"

I shook my head, and sat down on one of the booth chairs, "Hi, Lia. No thanks."

Lia must have noticed how upset I looked. She came out of the bar, and sat down next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, rubbing my shoulder as I stuck my head in my hands.

I've known Lia for ages too, shes a year ahead of me in school. She used to be my next door neighbor, but then moved a few blocks down into a smaller house.

"There's a lot going on right now, you'll here me explain later."

She nodded, getting back up and started to clean the counter.

A few moments later, my friends started coming in one by one, joining me at the booth table.

Once everyone arrived, I sighed loudly.

"Guys, I have to tell you all something really important. And you won't like it," I started to explain.

"Just say it, Innie. It'll be okay," my best friend of all Seungmin encouraged. I've known Seungmin the longest. We've been close since day one, and saying goodbye to him will definitely be the hardest.

I then stuck out my left hand, the one that's been starting to fade. And as if on cue, it started to glitch again.

All my friends gasped, fear and sadness growing in all their eyes, including mine. It hasn't really hit me I'm going to die yet.

But once I realized this is actually happening, I covered my mouth with my opposite hand, and tears brimmed my eyes. Not even a second later, they started falling.

"I f-found out I'm disappearing, and...and I don't know why," I cried, wiping my eyes.

All my friends looked heart broken. We all stood up and started hugging, and the more we hugged, the more I realized how much I'm going to miss them.

And then, I hugged Seungmin. That's when things changed. My heart started to beat faster, and I started to shake and get nervous.

That's when I finally realized, this has been happening whenever I made physical contact with Seungmin for the past month. I always find myself staring at him, and it hasn't hit me that I have feelings for him until now.

So that's why I'm fading. This is the first time I've had a crush on someone, and it's a guy. My best friend.

And being gay, means being different.