All In

All In

Synopsis: After another horrible 'first date' Toya is just about ready to give up until best friend/roommate Jacob shows her exactly why it hasn't worked out before.

"Have a good night," I said, thanking my driver before heading to my front door, breathing a huge sigh of relief the moment it's closed behind me.

The second I'm inside, I kick off my mid-calf leather boots and peel my jacket off, heading straight for the kitchen. After tonight, I definitely needed a beer.

"Well that didn't take long," the familiar voice behind me said

"Well that didn't take long," the familiar voice behind me said. Closing the fridge with a beer in hand, I turned to the boy with the curly brown hair that I'd known since we were in middle school.

"Date didn't go well?" Jacob asked as a cocky grin appeared on his face and his emerald-colored eyes shined in delight. I walked past him to enter the living room and sit on the couch.

"That would be an understatement," I said as he grabbed the bottle out of my hand before opening it for me.

"Thanks," I said before taking a sip.

"You were saying," he asked, sitting at the end opposite of me, setting my feet in his lap as he began to massage them.

I smiled, appreciating the work he was putting in on my feet before I continued with the recap of my date.

"So we got to the pier, and we were gonna play games, get on some rides, you know... all that fun stuff, when his brother calls."

"Yeah...?"

" He answers and is on the phone for like, a solid twenty minutes, telling him how his vape busted and spilled in his gym bag."

"Wait," he said sitting up, bending my legs, and holding the back of my knees in shock. "He answered a call in the middle of your date to talk about... his busted vape?"

"Exactly what I said," I responded, setting my beer on the coffee table as Jacob sat back, now gently massaging my left calf.

"So what'd you do?" he asked.

"Fuck you mean? I ordered an Uber and dipped. I wasn't about to watch him talk to his brother all night," I said, laying back, enjoying my massage.

"So, onto the next?" Jacob asked, and I smirked, keeping my eyes shut.

"I don't know... I mean, I'll probably get back out there, but with my track record, what's the point, ya know?"

Jacob nodded and moved over to my right calf.

"I get it, the girls I've been into lately have just been..." he began.

"Crazy," I finished for him, earning a chuckle and light tickle from Jacob.