Chapter 26

“What the fuck is going on?” John growled, clearly upset with the equal set of sexes. I glanced between the boys, just as confused as they were. Clayton blinked a few times, unsure of what he was seeing was real.

                The girl, on the other hand, seemed indifferent to the world around her.

                “Who are you?” Clayton asked quietly. She ignored the boys, studying her nails. She had a pretty face, clear of pimples and blemishes. Her dark, wavy hair

went just above her breasts, giving her a mature appearance. I realized she had pulled it out of a clip, letting it hang its full length. Her arms hinted at muscles, ones

that looked threatening too.

                “What are you doing here?” I whispered, just audible.

                She perked up slightly at my voice, paying me attention “I think the real question is, what are you doing here?”

                I bit my lip, looking down shyly “I don’t know”

                “Neither do we. Only recently did we get any information on a girl who wasn’t part of the FIA on the Boy’s Side. Little did I know they were planning on killing

you.” She said.

                “What are you talking about?” John snapped.

                The girl ignored him, focusing on me “You’re recently awakened, aren’t you?”

                I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Awakened?”

                “From hyper-sleep?” She sighed “Shit, what did they call it? They… froze your body?”

                I nodded slightly “Yes, I think so. That’s the last thing I can remember before John and Clayton found me”

                Out of the corner of my eye, I saw John tense up at the use of my name. Clayton gave me a slight smile at my bravery. I felt strangely comfortable talking to

this girl.

                It could have been the lack of hate radiating from her.

                “I thought they had a few of our capsules on their side” The strange girl sighed “I’ll definitely be reporting this to the President”

                “What are you talking about?” I asked, fingers to my temple in confusion.

                She laughed “Right, you wouldn’t know anything about our Side. I’ll explain it once those two are gone” She nodded towards John and Clayton.

                I looked at them.

                John stepped forward “She’s our responsibility. We’re not leaving until she’s on her own Side”

                This caught the stranger’s attention. She straightened up, crossing her arms “Yeah well I’m a girl and I happen to have full responsibility by law over a newly

awakened girl. So back the fuck off, faggot”

                I raised my eyebrows in surprise at the tone of her voice.

                This angered John greatly. “She’s mine. Back off Leech”

                The girl gasped “Don’t you dare call me a Leech!”