Emelia

I wrapped a jacket around myself before taking a walk in the forest. It had been two days since Michael had spoken to me. I wondered if it was hard for him? It seemed like it wasn't. I was the only one dying a little inside.

My life had turned into a perfect mess. Cody was out somewhere and I didn't even know whether he was alive or not. And just when I felt that something in my life was good, when my mate was absolutely in love with me, everything had to turn upside down.

I wasn't worried about Michael if a war broke out because he was strong enough to tackle a hundred wolves alone. I was more worried about his feelings regarding everything he had found it. I wished he would express his anger rather than bottling it up inside. I wished he would talk to me even if all he wanted to do was yell. All of that would be better than the silent treatment he was giving me.

Apart from all that, my wolf refused to come out. I couldn't hear her voice inside me. Wolves get upset or angry or depressed but when they completely cut you out, it's bad. It was especially harder on her because our wolves were mated. I think it was even harder on me...

I couldn't breathe when I looked at him. I couldn't think of anything other than him not talking to me. I felt hopeless. And pretty much helpless.

That night, I lay in bed waiting for him to come. But he never did. I don't know where he was or how mad he was. I just had this burning feeling in the pit of my stomach. I had cried so much that I felt like my eyes were burning.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. But I couldn't. Tossing and turning, I tried to think of something other than him. But Michael was constantly in the back of my head. His words kept ringing in my ears.

I think I need to be alone for tonight.

I tried to get through to him through our mind link. But he was blocking me out.

A week later, somewhere in the middle of the night, Michael slipped in beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest, snuggling his head against my neck.

"You came," I whispered, covering his hand with mine.

"Mmhmm,"

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked. I felt my wolf coming alive again.

"I don't know, Emelia," he said, "I want to but I just can't get the thought out of my head."

"Can't you just forget about it?"

"I can't," he murmured, "but I can't not stop wanting you."

"I love you, you know,"

"Look at me," he said. I turned around.

"I want you," he whispered.

"Not like this," I told him, "not while you're still mad at me."

He growled angrily as he stood up. He paced around the room for a minute with a look of thoughtfulness in his eyes. Then he seemed to come to a decision before pinning me down on the bed and tearing my clothes off. His nails scratched against my bare stomach and I let out a little moan of pain as he leaned down and pressed his lips aggressively against my neck.

"I know you're better than this," I whispered, trying to remain as calm as possible.

"You don't know me then,"

"I do and this isn't you."

Michael rested his head against mine for a second before he sat up straight.

"I'm going somewhere for a few days," he told me.

"Where?"

"For important work,"