Without You

Rose

It's been a week and he hasn't woken up yet.

I had accepted to go with Serenity after a few days. They kept telling me I couldn't just sit in a chair all day, but that's all I wanted to do.

I hadn't eaten a lot either and they kept trying to feed me but I wasn't really up for it.

Why do they even care? They should hate me. They should care about Nate now, not me.

I wanted to hit myself. I was so used to getting punished when I did something wrong that now I felt like I had to get punished again.

I was at Serenity's home now and I was being carried away by my thoughts when I felt someone tug on the end of my sweatpants. I looked down and instantly smiled.

That was Belle, Serenity's daughter. She was still a baby and she was really cute. These kids have been the only light in my life the past week.

I smiled at her and picked her up, "Hello sweetie" I cooed.

She knew how to talk, but she was really shy and preferred not to as Serenity had told me, but she understood almost everything and she was a clever little baby.

"How are you?" I asked cradling her.

"Paint" She said and held out two markers.

"You want to paint?" I asked and she nodded, "Okay, let's paint then" I said and sat down on the floor with her. There were papers and markers here since she usually painted here.

She stared doodling and I did the same to get my mind off of him, but he wouldn't leave me thoughts. Every second that passed I just wanted to cry, but crying wouldn't get me anywhere. I couldn't do anything. I felt useless and I was actually.

"Rosy!" I heard someone yell.

I immediately widened my eyes but  smiled sadly when I saw who it was.

Aidan, he calls me Rosy as well. He seems to admire Nate a lot and He acts like him sometimes. Both him and Alexander are the spitting image of Ares, but Aidan's way more bubbly.

"Hey baby sis" He mumbled and kissed his sister's forehead.

"How are you, Aidan?" I asked him.

"I'm great, are you better now?" He asked. He'd seen me earlier and I was really not okay. I guess he understood.

"I'm great too" I said with a smile, "Where's Alexander?" I asked.

"Right here" I heard his voice as he walked in the room with his usual emotionless face. He acted a lot like Ares. "Hi" He greeted his sister waving and kissed her forehead.

"How was school?" I asked them.

"The usual" Aidan answered shrugging, "Do you know if uncle Nate is better?" He asked titling his head.

I felt my eyes filling up with tears as I nodded and tried to smile, "He'll be okay"

They both smiled and looked at each other.

"Okay, let's go eat. I'm hungry" Aidan told Alexander and ran off.

Alexander stayed back and touched my arm with a boyish smile, "He'll be okay. Don't worry. Our uncle is a superhero" He said and ran off too.

He surely was my hero. He saved and now he's-

I shook my head and kept my eyes on Belle.

________

We were back at the hospital and I was sitting next to Nate once again. I was getting used to talking to him. Let's say it was practice for when he's awake and I'll have to actually tell him everything. I hope I won't back out.

"Hi again" I mumbled and stroked his hair gently. "I hope you wake up soon. I need more time with you. I need to thank you. There are so many things I want to tell you" I whispered the last part.

Everytime I talked to him I just wanted to scream and cry. He looked so lifeless and I couldn't get used to it. I thought he would wake up every second now and laugh at me.

"You need to wake up, I can't do this without you"

As always. No reply.

He was the most awesome person I'd ever met. He was funny and positive and at the same time he was caring and sweet. If you saw him you'd think he's one of those boys who date a different girl every week. Maybe I didn't know him well but he wasn't like that with me.

He was a person I wanted to be around. I never had kind people around since what happened and he surprised me by being kind to me.

Everything in my life came rushing back and I felt overwhelmed. I walked out before I could break down.

"Hey what's wrong?" Serenity asked touching my shoulder.

"Nothing I just need some fresh air" I smiled politely and kept walking.

I rushed outside and went to the back of the building. I leaned on the wall and took a deep breath holding my chest. I tried to concentrate on blocking out my thoughts but the more I focused on that, the more they kept coming back.

I was finally free from Cole, but I couldn't enjoy my freedom.

I wish I never accepted to go with Nate. He wouldn't be like this now.

Shut up, there's no reason to think about it now.

I scolded myself. That was right, there was no point in thinking about it. I couldn't change it now.

Several minutes passed before I heard someone rushing towards my hiding place and I sighed.

Who is it now? Why are they here?

I saw Serenity in front of me panting.

"I finally found you" She said out of breath.

My heart started beating a mile a minute.

"What happened?" I asked.

Please tell me he's not d-

"He's awake"