Be Careful

Nate

Being honest with her was really relieving and liberating. I wouldn't have to hide and be anxious all the time now, but I still had to find an explanation to give to Cole.

I could always tell him my father came home to see me-

My phone rang interrupting my thoughts. I was on the bed thinking and the phone was next to me. I looked at the caller ID and rolled my eyes.

Speak of the devil.

"Hello father" I said picking up.

"Nate, how have you been?"

He surely wants something.

"I'm very well, how about you and mom?" I asked.

"We are all good but your mother misses you. When are you thinking of visiting?"

I didn't know what to say. Normally I would visit anytime they asked since I didn't really have anything to do during daytime, but this time I had someone in the apartment. I couldn't leave her alone, she was in danger.

"I-I don't really know, I've been a little busy lately"

"Come on Nate, how long has it been since you last came to see me and your mother? Don't you want to spend a little time with us?"

Okay now he's just acting weird.

"Dad, are you sure you don't just want to ask me for something. You can just straight up say it-"

"Nate no. We really do miss you. Plus, your brother moved out and we're all alone now. We miss having our family with us"

"Did mom pay you to say this?"

"Look Nate, I don't have time. This Friday, be here and we're inviting your brother as well" He said and ended the call.

Ugh.

_________

"So are you going or not?"

"I-I have to go Rosy, I'm sorry"

"It's okay I can stay alone for a day" She said smiling softly.

"No no no, you're not staying here alone"

"But-"

"You have two options" I said smirking. "You can either stay with Serenity and Ares-"

"Nate, I don't want to bother them-"

"-or you can come with me and pretend to be my girlfriend"

She was speechless. She went agape and her eyes widened letting me see her beautiful eye color.

"Okay I'm staying with Serenity"

I whined and crossed my arms, "That's no fun"

"Can we ask her first? Maybe she won't want me there"

"Are you kidding me? She will be so excited to have you there" I said taking out my phone.

I called Serenity who sounded excited to know about Rose as she kept asking me questions. I explained the situation and asked her if she could stay over.

"Of course!" She yelled excitedly.

"Did you ask Ares?"

"Well no, but who cares? I mean he won't mind and I want to meet her properly"

"Okay okay, I'll let her know. Thank you" I chuckled.

"Thank you for letting me meet her, Bye!" She said and ended the call.