Realization

How could she do this to us? I thought that she loved us. That we we all just one big happy family. Sure what she did was wrong and I had thought that she felt bad about it. But according to this text, we are from from perfect and happy.

'Sarah. I'm sorry to do this to you and your father. I just can't pretend anymore. I have fallen in love with Jensen. I have been in love with him for awhile now. I should have told you, the both of you. We have left. We are going somewhere far away so I can't hurt my baby anymore. It pains me to do so, but I know you Sarah. As much as we love each other, this would kill you. To see me with him and not your father. I just hope that someday you can find it in your beautiful heart to forgive me. I will be sending you money every month just because that's the least I can give to you after what you had to see. I will miss you everyday. Take care of your dad. Tell him I'm so very sorry.

Mom'

Dad and I sat on the couch in silence with only my sobs filling the room. I was cuddled in his lap, the way I use to when I would wake up from a bad nightmare. Though, this really isn't far from one. He had his huge arms wrapped around me, rocking me. I'm suprised that he hasn't broken down on me. I guess he's doing it to be strong. I thak him for that I don't think I could handle him crying too.

"Daddy. C-can You take me to my room." I mumbled into his chest trying to calm down and feeling exhusted.

"Of course baby." He rose with little to no effort and carried me upstairs. Once at my room I din't bother trying to change. Instead he just laid me down and pulled the covers over me. He kissed my forehead. "I'm so sorry this happened to you angel. I wish I could have done something to stop it from ever happening." With that he left give off a tense atmosphere.

I turned over trying to get more comfortable. To my dislike I find myself staring at a picture of us on my eleventh birthday. Dad had just shoved my face into the cake and they both had their faces pressed against mine.

I really wish I knew when things had started to go wrong. Everything seemed as dandy as ever. I was getting tired so I really couldn'y go further into that thought. As my eyes fluttered close I began to dream about all the happy times we had together.

****************************************

I woke up to the sun beaming through the window. I tried to block it so I could see what time it was. Realising that it was almost twelve in the afternoon. Shit I can't be late today.

jumped up nd made my way to the closet. However, I stopped in my tracks because there was a note on the door. It was from my dad.

'Hey. Well I though that maybe you could stay home today. I want you just to relax and catch up on your rest. Also there is a surprise for you down stairs. And knowing you this surprise is dying of boredom. Please and try to forget. We'll get through this together. Dad'

The first thing I thought was what could possibly be waiting down stairs. I changed my clothes from last night and put on some black sweats and a gray shirt. After tying up my hair I walked down stairs. I was still upset but sooner than imagined I was coming to the realization that this was really happening. My mom is really gone and she isn't coming back.

Half way down the stair I hear people talking.

"Brody your gonna burn the house down. For god sake, we were just making pizza." Evy yelled.

"Well sorry but you made me do it all by myself and I've never done this before." Brody threw his oven mitt on the burnt pizza that still seemed to be smoking.

I came down the rest of the way laughing. "We can just order okay I'm pretty sure I have ten bucks somewhere." They jumped and looked at me funny. "What?" They looked at me as is something was wrong with me.