No Turning Back (A Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji Story) Chapter 5

Sebastian wheeled me out of the hospital about two days after Vicky and my Aunt visited us. The doctor finally said I was in a good enough condition to go home, but warned Sebastian to keep a close eye on me and to make sure that I took my medicine and such.

“Sebastian, how do you plan on getting us home? I don’t have a car.” I said tipping my head back to look at my butler.

“Don’t worry, Young Mistress. I’ve rented a car until I can find a way to get one of our own.” He said smirking politely.

I kept a quizzical expression as Sebastian wheeled me into the parking lot and then next to a Silver Trail Blazer that even looked rented. I was about to stand up from the wheelchair but yelped when Sebastian picked me up and set me into the passenger seat, buckling my seatbelt until it I was snug.

“I can walk you know.” I muttered to myself as he nodded and shut my door.

After clipping the wheelchair to the back of the car, Sebastian gracefully jumped into the front seat of the truck and fastened his seatbelt. Starting the truck, we drove away from the hospital and I couldn’t help but feel uncertainty crawl up my throat.

“Young Mistress, would you like to stop by your old home to pack your stuff first or just head straight to your Aunt’s house?” he asked never taking his eyes away from the road.

I glanced out my window, watching trees and houses zip past in a blur; blurred just like that night.

“Let’s go get my stuff. Leo and Gemini must me freaking out.” I mumbled.

Sebastian didn’t question who I was talking about just kept a calm expression and turned around to head towards my old home. It took us about an hour to get there, though I was asleep most of the trip. My dream consisted of flashing snapshots of that night; horror filled screams, my unanswered screams for help as the knives wrenched across my skin…

“Young Mistress, wake up. You’re having another nightmare!” gasping I reached out and grabbed his gloved hand and squeezed until I was sure I would break it.

My door was opened and Sebastian was standing outside, looking at me with a worried expression. The cold autumn breeze felt good on my heated skin, breezing underneath my hospital gown and running over my flat stomach that ached with nausea. Sebastian raised his other hand and took the glove off with his teeth.

Frowning he felt my forehead, searching for a fever and shook his head. Gently, he took his hand from my crushing fist and put his glove back on.

“Your fever is coming back, Young Miss.” He said looking for me to tell him what I wanted him to do.

I shook my head and tried to climb down from my seat. My bare feet met the soft green grass as I wavered a bit from the fever.

“I-I’m fine, Sebastian. Let’s just get this over with.” I muttered and limbed slowly to the door.

I couldn’t help, but hesitate when my hand met the cold door knob, memories flashing painfully behind closed eyes.

“Young Miss?” I ignored his questioning tone and opened my eyes again, swinging the door open.

The house smelt of cheap febreeze and cement walls. The living room was littered with half dressed Barbie dolls and a pink doll house that used to be mine before I gave it to Beth.

I shook the memories away and took about two steps forward before the distinct sounds of meowing sounded from down the hall.

I glanced up in time to see a black kitten and a white kitten walk into the living room, greeting me with soft mewls. Smiling softly I picked up the black one and snuggled him with one arm, since my other is in a sling still.

“Leo…my beautiful baby boy…Hello Gemini! Has he been treating you right, baby girl?” I mumbled adoringly into Leo’s black fur.

Suddenly, Gemini was swept up by none other than the emotionless demon himself as he nuzzled her to his chest, murmuring something about how ‘soft her fur is’.

Let me tell you it’s quite the sight.

“Didn’t know you had a thing for cats, Sebastian.” I said giggling.

He immediately set Gemini down and coughed nervously like he had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I waved him off nonchalantly.

“Don’t let me ruin your fun; just don’t rape my baby girl.” I said sticking my tongue out.

He blinked, obviously surprised.

“Really? You’re giving me permission?” He asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah sure. Just help me with my packing please. It’s a bit of a challenge with usage of only one eye and one arm. After that; you can play with the cats to your heart’s desire.”

He straightened up and smirked.

“Of course, Young Miss. You don’t have to ask me to help you; I am your loyal servant. So don’t be afraid to be a bit more stern.” He said walking up to me so I had to lean my head up to see his face.

“Sebastian, I am no weak girl. I can guarantee you of that. You may be my servant until death, but you also saved my life; so I will address you with respect. Understood?” I narrowed my eyes, daring him to question me.

He blinked in shock before smirking coyly and bowing his head.

“Yes, my lady.”

My footsteps creaked the wooden hallway flooring as I limped my way to my bedroom door. Glancing down when I felt something against my foot, I gasped when I saw my knife I had used to stab one of the intruders; covered in dry blood. They must have pulled it out and discarded it without throwing it out…

Tasting hot bile in the back of my throat, I quickly glanced away from the discarded weapon.

“Sebastian, could you get rid of that?” I asked pointing at it without looking.

Hearing the clatter of the knife being picked up, I opened my eyes again and swallowed hard, feeling my throat constrict in fear. I never thought what once was my sanctuary could so quickly become a reminder that my family is gone…

Opening the door, I was relieved to see it was just as I had left it. My bed was tossled, my purple comforters thrown on the wood floor from when I rushed out of bed. My computer desk sat on the other side of the small white room with my small Apple laptop resting on top. A small wooden dresser sat next to my bed and I walked over to it, picking up my ring that I have grown so attached too.

It was small and made of real silver with the Ellis Witch’s crest in the middle; a broad circle with a triangle that sat on the inside. My mother had given it to me when I was ten years old when I gained my powers.

Shaking my head, I started to pack my clothes into a duffle bag that had sat in my closet. Sebastian was grabbing clothes and belongings from my desk drawers and inside the closet. We worked diligently and in silence which I was grateful for; my mind was racing a mile a minute. 

“Mistress, what is this?”

I looked back and froze when I noticed what he was holding; my box of tarot cards and herbs. Stomping over, I snatched them from his outstretched hand and stuffed them into my duffle bag.

“It’s nothing, Sebastian…”