No Turning Back (A Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji Story) Chapter 17

Lucy’s P.O.V.

“I’m pretty sure my door was closed, so instead of invading my privacy how about you go fuck yourself?”

It was the first thing to come out of my mouth and probably not the best idea, but my smart ass didn’t think first.

He put his hands up as if he were being attacked, which if it weren’t my hand holding Sebastian’s, he’d most likely would be. Sebastian was rigid, his back straight and shoulders back, as if he were about to run over to the invader and eat his soul.

“Mom asked me to check on you after your little episode, so don’t blame me for interrupting… whatever this is.”

I frowned.

“Okay, so why are you still here? Go away, Jesse.” I snapped.

His smirk grew as he shut the door behind him and leaned against it, his arms crossing over his chest.

My anger reared up, my teeth gritting.

“I’m sorry, was I not fucking clear enough? Make your way out of my bedroom, Jesse before I make you.”

I almost slapped myself; what a lame threat.

“How do you think you can make me, crippled? Who says whom I might talk to if I do leave…”

Sebastian’s grip tightened, causing me to wince slightly.

Talk?

“Are you trying to threaten me, fuckhead?” I hissed.

“I’d watch how you talk to me, Lucy.”

Before I could do anything, Sebastian had Jesse against the wall, his hand around his throat and his murderous gaze fixed on his.

“Sebastian!”

He ignored me, keeping his eyes on Jesse while he squirmed in panic.

“Don’t you dare speak to her like that, you putrid human scum. Now, you’re going to turn yourself around and leave this room without opening your mouth, do you understand?”

I sat frozen, mouth slack.

What’s gotten into him?

“Sebastian, back off!” I exclaimed, jumping up.

He finally looked back at me, eyes a mixture of violet and his comforting rusty red. He seemed conflicted for a moment, and then dropped Jesse like a sack of potatoes.

He gasped obnoxiously, coughing.

“Jesus, Sebastian; he’s still just a human. He might be an ass, but there’s no reason to go to such lengths…” I mumbled, shaking my head.

Even if Jesse decided to open his mouth, who would believe his dishonest ass over me? I’m not concerned; but it looks as though Sebastian just busted a fucking vein.

Cautiously, I walked over to him while he practically stood over Jesse, his narrowed gaze never leaving him.

“Sebastian…?” I whispered, touching his arm.

Immediately, he shrugged away my touch, veering his look of disgust onto me.

“Why did you stop me…?” he growled lowly.

I blinked; isn’t it obvious?

“You were going to kill him, isn’t that reason enough?” I challenged.

He shook his head, but seemed to relax a bit.

“You have absolutely no idea what we’ve caught ourselves in…” he whispered, looking oddly pained.

Caught ourselves in?

I rolled my eyes; god, he’s so fucking dramatic.

Pushing him aside, I kneeled in front of the still flabbergasted Jesse, whom looked at me as if I had grown a pair of horns.

“You’re a real pain in the ass, you know that?” I mumbled, reaching out with my good hand.

Before he could flinch away, I lay my open palm across his forehead, letting the constant flow of power bloom there as I closed my eyes. Muttering soft choice words, I felt the power leave my hand in a dizzy rush and reach inside to cover his memories in a hazy mist.

It was a few silent moments before I had hidden away the last few minutes in his mind, and the sudden loss of magic hit me hard.

Practically panting, I fell back on my ass, the world spinning from the sudden use of magic; I was not ready for that…

“Mistress!”

My eyes snapped open, the nausea hitting me square in the stomach.

“Fuck…” I hissed.

I stayed on my side on the floor, wishing more than anything for the world to stop spinning. In my single eyed vision, I watched Jesse slump over and begin snoring loudly; fucking prick.

Sebastian tried sitting me up, but I gasped, freezing him.

“No, no, no don’t lift me up. The world is still whirling; you sit me up now, you’ll be cleaning up my vomit from your shoes.” I exclaimed, scrunching my eyes shut.

I concentrated on my breathing, feeling him sit next to me.

“What… did you do?”

“I just managed to hide his memories away from the last few minutes; if he tries to remember, he won’t be able to without giving himself a headache.”

He breathed a sigh of deep relief, pushing my curiosity further.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Demon? No one would have believed him over me; why jump to strangling him over being, oh I don’t know; realistic?” I hissed.

He was silent for a moment too long and I opened my eye, watching as he chewed his lip nervously in thought.

“Mistress, it is forbidden for a Demon to love a human.”