A never-ending war

The girl looked absolutely livid. She had deep blond hair, wore a red cardigan over a pink short sleeve shirt, and also had on a black knee-length skirt.

"What were you thinking?" she questioned furiously. "Going out by yourself when you're not from anywhere around here. What if you got lost!"

I felt bad, she had been concerned for my safety despite not even knowing who I am.

"I'm sorry," I responded.

She stopped, almost surprised that I even apologized. "Look I'm not mad, I was just worried for you, not many of your kind show any skill with dealing with humans". She said softly.

"My kind?"

"My name is Emilia Seraph and I, like you, hold a shard of the founder," she explained.

I looked at her with a puzzled look. "What or who is the founder" I questioned.

"I'll tell you but it's a long story," she said ., and so she started to tell me the origin of the talisman and the founder.

"Long before humans, before spirits, and even before demons and angels, there were three entities. the Archangel, the Lord of the Abyss, and the Founder..."

"The Archangel and the Lord of the Abyss were locked in eternal conflict, a war so to speak. so the Founder found it necessary to come up with a countermeasure."

"He said, 'of all who exist and ever shall, I'll choose a gentle soul born in chaos, a soul with unwavering courage bathed in light, a soul who connected all life, a soul connected with the earth, and a soul with a soul of flaming passion. Each marked with a beast closely tied to these powers,' and with that, the founder split himself."

"That war still rages on, with the lord of the abyss corrupting people who fall into despair and the Archangel taking in people who have no will to move on. "

As she finished explaining we both heard an explosion. A boy ran out of the door.
"Emelia we need to get moving, a shadow has been born!" he yelled back at us as he ran towards the sound.