Chapter 9 - Fear

After Jin Mu's birth, Chu Yang had not been in peace since then. No matter how good Ji Heng was at hiding the truth, he was her brother. He was one of the first who knew Jin Mu was not Dong Hua's at first glance. Actually, anyone who was close to Dong Hua knew too, since he had never slept with her.

Naturally, after being one of the people who also fought against Feng Jiu in the recent battle, Chu Yang was now debating whether to proclaim his allegiance to the High Goddess or keep his bottom seriously glued onto his chair and wait for everything to pass.

The latter sounded like a very good option, but he was also one of those who had seen the people she's sent on the battlefield to wipe the floor with them.

Call it bloodbath. Call it genocide. Call it massacre.

It was terrifying.

They never stood a chance in the first place.

Even Wen Chang Dijun's men were not spared. The beast that she sent ripped them apart like tofu, and chewed on them as if they were meat.

The beast wasn't even the scariest part.

Thinking about it, the beast was enough to make the Demon Lords blanch in terror, but when the other one came in, it was enough to make them faint in absolute horror.

The image was still imprinted clearly in his mind. A young man, dressed in white and gold, descending upon the battlefield with a halberg. With a sweep of his sword, the blood of demons washed the ground. He was grinning as he took down units after units of their army.

After that, he was sure no one wanted another battle against Qing Qiu. They would be more complacent with a battle against the Nine Heavens.

They needed protection from Dong Hua Dijun as fast as possible.

::

"What are you standing around for, Fenrir?" Feng Jiu asked as she sorted out various scrolls containing reports from the Tribe leaders inside Eastern Qing Qiu. "Don't you have lessons with Cheng Jiao?"

"It's boring. I already learned those swordsmanship styles," he answered.

Feng Jiu's brush paused. To avoid dripping ink on the page, she set the brush down. "Did you visit your brother already?"

"Injured as he is, he's still healthy enough to nearly drown me. I can see no issues," he curtly replied, subtly rolling his eyes. "Teacher, can I make books? I don't even know how your books here can be called 'books', given that they're only scrolls."

Feng Jiu sighed as she softly shook her head. "Different civilizations means different cultures, Fenrir. You don't see us using technology but we're still fine, nonetheless," she says as she unrolls a scroll. "On the other hand, I find tending after scrolls much more tedious than looking after tomes," tomes were better protected from elements of nature. Fors scrolls, they needed regular attending, and a little exposure to moisture could destroy the contents.

Fenrir let out a satisfied grin. "I knew you'd approve of it."

Feng Jiu resumed her writing. "Do not use magic when making it. Consider this as a training. Also, Jormungand has photographic memory, and given how much he's read, he'll be useful when making those books."

"Teacher," Fenrir trailed off. "You're doing this for your own interests, aren't you?"

"Do you want me to let you recite the 36th Book of the Collection of Poems?"

Fenrir ran out of the Fox Cave like his behind was on fire.

::::::::::::::::::::

This is just a short chapter so that you can see the interactions between Feng Jiu and Fenrir.

And strangely enough, I wanted to mention Chu Yang too.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow my profile!

Happy Reading!!!

-_star_shine_2004_