Chapter 25 - Lessons in Spycraft

Tian You Qing, the new aide of the Green Demon Lord Nie Chuyin was a dangerous foe, and a mysterious one, a curious fellow. Gu Xiao Yu knew this in the way the aide moved, when she parries attacks with martial arts he had not seen in this realm. A quick thinker too, mind moving at a speed even faster than most Immortals. And given that her body was mortal through and through, that was high praise.

She was efficient. Practical and pragmatic, part of the reason Nie Chuyin was delighted to welcome her into the clan.

If anything, she looked like the individual that Feng Jiu was telling him to look out for - because, forgive him for his condescension, Tian You Qing was a master at blending in, that he acknowledged, but heavens help him if he can't distinguish the glaring lack of spiritual aura on her.

Tian You Qing probably realized that blending in was useless for someone like her, so she just let the events go on while not caring too much for being discreet. She probably didn't realize that there was someone like her in this plane, because otherwise, why the hell would she even be there apart from finding a way home?

Easy there, General. You might be laying it on a bit too thick, his subconscious snarks back. Who really knew if the mortal was trying to get home or just plain stupid in her choice of friends?

He doesn't try to talk to Tian You Qing - or whatever her real name was - and instead, goes to Nie Chuyin, handing him Qing Qiu's invitation before he skedaddles to herd Jormungandr from breathing out toxic fumes to the poor fellow that was stuck with him. He doesn't dawdle long enough to convince Nie Chuyin, simply because he knows he will take it.

The Heaven Clan might be playing dead ducks in the off-chance that they actually know about anything going on under their noses, but Feng Jiu had long known about her own issue that concerns the Demon Clan - the one with Miao Hua, not the messy love triangle that involves the sister of the Patriarch of the Demon Clan - and took the matter into her own hands. He tried phishing Cheng Jiao for more news, but the elf was tight-lipped, and looked rather green and horrified at the reminder, so there was that.

"Up and at 'em, we're going~" he cheerily pries Jormungandr's hands away from the neck of the new recruit. He makes note to do a few anger management sessions with the young prince before he blows a hole in the training grounds. It's ironic, really. Fenrir clearly looks the more hot-headed, but he is the one who has his temper under control. Jormungandr, on the other hand, tends to accumulate whatever shit he had and releases them in short, sporadic bursts that is neither good for himself, his surroundings, and everyone around him.

Jormungandr wiped the blood off of his cheek and jerked his head towards the anomaly, grunting. "What about her? I can smell the glamour on her."

Ah, Xiao Yu thought to himself grimly. There was that as well - the heavy glamour, which is kind of pointless considering that her lack of spiritual aura was already a dead giveaway of just how... unusual she was. So either they were in for a shitload of surprises, or the anomaly is just super fucking ugly that she feels the need to beg Nie Chuyin for a glamour.

"Just leave it at that. We'll have Enchantress pick her apart like turkey on the banquet," he sighed, feeling at least ten thousand years older.