Chapter Twenty-Four: An Offer

Gino opened his eyes to see the empty white ceiling above him.  He groaned and rubbed his face with his hands before realizing something was missing.  He didn't feel a soft warm body next to him.  There was no slight indent in the bed beside him to indicate that his girlfriend was nearby.  Just to be sure she had been there, however, Gino turned to look to see wrinkled sheets on the bed.  He sighed with relief but couldn't help but feel a little disappointed.

He sat up and looked around; the blankets slipped off his bare chest.  He cleared his throat softly, suddenly realizing how thirsty he felt.

Gino slipped off the bed and reached for a glass of water that was on the bedside table.  He downed it and set the glass back down on the wood before wiping his mouth and moving out of the room.

Where is she?

Something smelled musky.  He sniffed his shoulder and arm, his nose wrinkling.

Hmm.  Sex and sweat.  If she hasn't showered yet, maybe she'll join me.

He entered the living room to see Alana doing yoga on the carpet.  Gino grinned to himself.  She had told him before of her interest in yoga a few months ago, and had begun to take classes in the gym with Stephanie.  Even now, just watching her bend herself in various positions with soft sighs... it all sounded and looked incredibly arousing.

According to her, yoga had been responsible for some of the pleasure when they made love because she "knew her body better."  He wasn't complaining, of course.  Gino loved how flexible she could be in bed.

He cleared his throat again and saw her turn to look at him.

A bright smile spread across her face.  "You're awake.  I was waiting for you."

"Oh?  Why?"

Alana untangled herself from the position she had been in and sauntered over towards him.  He could feel the cloth of his boxers tighten at his groin.  A fine sheen of sweat coated her face, and from what he could see, her arms and legs as well.

She glanced up at him from beneath her long soft lashes.  "I was wondering if you wanted to shower with me," she smiled sugestively.

Gino smirked at her.  "I was actually going to ask the same thing."  He bent down and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before sweeping her up in his arms and taking long, eager strides to the bathroom, with his girlfriend squealing and laughing all the way.

"Did you get news about Solux yet?" Alana asked as she walked out of the bathroom twenty minutes later, wrapping a soft cotton bathrobe around her slender frame.  

Gino's heart stopped as he, too, stepped out in a pair of sweatpants.  He made his way over towards the dresser and opened one of the drawers.  "Ah, yeah, I was going to tell you about that later today," he said as he tugged a clean shirt over his head.

"Does that mean you got it?" she turned around and smiled at him as she dried her hair with a towel.

"Yeah.  I got the job offer!  And they said I can start as soon as I graduate."

"Really?  That's amazing!  Where?"  She skipped up to him with an even wider smile.

"New York."

Alana's face fell.  "New York?  But that's----"

"All the way on the East Coast, I know."

"That's all the way on the other side of the US."

"Yeah."