Chapter Twenty-Three: Future

"You ready?"

Gino chuckled at Alana from across the grassy field.  "I should be asking you that," he gave her a cocky grin and winked.  "Are you ready?"

"Pshh!  Yeah, I am."

He watched as his girlfriend began to sprint across the field while attempting to dribble the soccer ball.  It looked like she had no idea what she was doing, and it was absolutely adorable.  One time she clumsily tripped so that he lurched towards her in case she fell.  She caught herself just in time, however, and Gino exhaled a loud sigh of relief.

By the time she was halfway across the field, he began to stalk towards her, smirking all the while.

"I'm going to come get you," he said in his best dangerously soft voice.

Her hazel eyes widened.  "No you're not."

"Yes... I am."

He began to run, and was able to quickly kick the ball away from Alana with such ease that he laughed at her as he ran off to her side of the field.  He kicked the ball into the goal and retrieved it.  Gino turned around to see her pouting at him, and his heart stuttered.  He felt heat spark between his loins.

"It's you and your video games all over again.  You never let me win," she said as he made his way back towards her.

"I can't let you win," he grinned at her.  He dropped the ball beside him and leaned down to kiss her delectable lips.  He groaned into her mouth as their tongues intertwined and stroked each other's.  Why did she have to taste so damn good all the time?  He was getting addicted to her.

Gino reluctantly pulled away, but wrapped his hands around her slim waist.  A thin film of sweat shone on her face, but he didn't care.  It reminded him of how she looked after they just had sex.  And she still smelled amazing too.

"Do you want to try this time?" he asked.

"Well, I guess," Alana huffed.  "It's not like I'm going to actually be able to steal it from you anyway."

She turned away and he admired the seductive sway of her hips as she sauntered away.  His eyes drifted down to the soft roundness of her bottom and he grinned again.

She walked back to her side of the field and got into position.  This time, he ran and dribbled the ball over towards her.  By the time Gino was in front of her, he swiftly veered away from Alana and smoothly kicked the ball into the net.  It was one of the easiest goals he had ever made in his life.

"Ugh, you're mean," she said, and he chortled in response.  He retrieved the ball again and turned to face her, grinning when she playfully rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"No I'm not," he shot back.  "I'm just showing you how good I am at foot--- I mean, soccer."

He couldn't help but snicker when Alana harrumphed at him.

"Do you want to try football now?"

"No, I want to try again.  Give me another chance!"

They ended up doing it several more times until they couldn't stop laughing at how outrageous and funny everything was.  Gino won every single time.

Afterwards, he recommended trying football again, and Alana agreed to give it a shot.  Once he had procured a football he placed it in his girlfriend's hands and walked to the opposite side of the field.

"This isn't football," she said, looking over to him with wide eyes.  "You're just going to maul me over once you catch me.  That's not fair."

"Don't worry.  I won't hurt you," Gino laughed.  "It's easy.  You run over to your side of the field, and I'll try and get the football from you.  I'm ready whenever you are."