I hate this family

Chapter 12

"This is not how I expected to spend my first night dating Marco," you groaned, kicking the sand a bit from your seated position in front of the bonfire. Stealing a glance at your new boyfriend who was being forced to drink with his older brother and his adopted father, your boss Shanks wasn't helping either. "Who's even running the bar if we're all here?"

"Shanks most have closed for the night," Ace shrugged, handing you a beer. "You could drink too~"

"I would just get more upset then, plus I have to be prepared to take care of Marco," you pushed away the beer, turning your gaze to Luffy who was making his twentieth s'more of the night. "At least Luffy is enjoying himself," you smiled meekly.

"Just go over and demand his attention like you did before, I'm sure even Pops won't be able to refuse you," Ace urged. "Or go talk to someone else, this has become quite a party."

"Sometimes I hate this family," you sighed, standing up and marching over to where Marco was. "Can I please spend some time with my boyfriend?" You narrowed your eyes at both Newgate and Thatch as you awaited their approval.

"Oh let the lad drink with us a bit more! We're just so excited that someone is finally interested in him!" Newgate cheered, handing Marco another drink and smiling at you despite your grim expression.

"This is unbelievable!" you exclaimed, raising your hands in the air. "That's it, I give up! Who needs to spend time with the boy they just started dating today anyway!"

"Hey, [Y/n], I'll slip away soon yoi, I promise," Marco offered you a weak smile which you returned with a simple click of your tongue before you turned around and started heading down the beach.

"If anyone at some point wants me, I will most certainly not be here!" You called back, continuing to grumble as you meander down the beach by yourself, holding your arms close to your chest as you stifled a shiver.

"Want some company?" Law asked as he showed up beside you, throwing a towel on top of your head which you quickly wrapped around yourself.

"When did you get here?" You questioned, observing the male as you started to walk with him.

"Not too long ago, saw you acting grumpy and decided to keep you company," Law shrugged, following next to you and shoving his hands into his pockets. "Feeling any better?"

"Uh-huh," you nodded, realizing without clarification what he was talking about. "The bruises looked bad for the first day but are quickly improving. I don't feel too achy anymore either."

"That's good," Law nodded. "I wasn't surprised to hear that Eustass-ya got arrested."

"Smoker seemed pretty happy to finally take him in," you chuckled lightly. "Not that I'm happy with what Pops did or anything I'm not one for violence."

"That doesn't surprise me," Law gave you a confused look when you suddenly stopped and sat down on the ground.

"I like the view of the moon here," you spoke up, sensing his confusion as you pat the spot next to you.

Law continued to stand but turned his head to observe the moon hanging above the ocean. "I never thanked you for defending me that night," the tall male stated after a few minutes of silence, making you jump a bit before turning your face to glance at him. "Not that I really care what Eustass-ya thinks of me, but still, I don't know a lot of people that would stand up for me like that."

"You don't have to thank me for being your friend, Law," you chuckled slightly, focusing back on the moon. "Defending you was definitely worth being beaten up over."

"D-don't say that..." Law muttered as he pulled his hat further down to cover his eyes.

"Ah, there you are yoi!" Marco cheered as he approached, a large smile on his face as he spotted you and law. "Thanks for keeping her company, Trafalgar."

"Be more attentive," Law sighed, sparing you a smile before heading back towards the others.

"Bye, Law," you smiled after him, a sudden yelp escaping your mouth as Marco took a seat next to you and forced himself under the towel. "Hey! There's no room for you here!" You pouted, trying to push the large blonde away but only giving him the ample opportunity to pull you onto his lap and into his warm embrace.

"Now there is," Marco smirked, snickering when you puffed out your cheeks in annoyance. "I'm sorry, I should have stood my ground with Pops from the beginning yoi."

"Yes, you should have," you nodded, letting him nuzzle his face against your neck. "But you apologized and it's silly for me to want all of your time."

"I don't think so," Marco whispered, kissing your neck softly. "If I could I would give you all of my time yoi."

"Hey, you don't even seem drunk," you finally noticed, swatting Marco when he started laughing at you. "Don't laugh at me!"

"I figured it wouldn't be a good idea for you to have to take care of me again."

"Sometimes I forget that I'm younger than you..." you sighed, yelping again when Marco suddenly picked you up.

"I'll make you some s'mores to make up for our date getting rescheduled yoi," Marco announced as he started carrying back to the fire.

"Be gentle! I'm still hurt!" You scolded, rolling your eyes when Marco blushed in realization.

"S-sorry yoi..."

"You owe me ten s'mores now," you informed the male as you puffed out your cheeks once again.

"Can you even eat that many?"

"Luffy is my best friend, of course I can." 

A/n: I wanted to thank you all for bearing with me and continuing to support this story! Every time I see the reads go up my heart flutters.

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy!! Much love to you all <3