The Date

Warning: a good amount of violence in this chapter. 

Chapter 4

The only person who wasn't against you going out with Eustass Kid, was Marco, who must have thought you going out with anyone was a good idea. But the others tried endlessly to stop you from going the whole week leading up to the date.

Nonetheless, here you were, on a date with Kid, walking into some questionable looking bar. The whole inside was full of similarly looking rough people and you could see Kid's group of friends standing by the bar.

The two of you walked over to them, you awkwardly standing behind the giant redhead as he greeted his friends and ordered you a drink without asking you what you wanted. The urge to pout was building inside you, but you pushed it back down and kept a solid smile plastered across your face.

"It's been a long time, [y/n]. It's good to see you," A large man with long blonde hair and a mask on his face commented as he approached you.

"Oh hi, Killer! It has been a long time, how have you been doing?" You smiled, your anxiety easing at the sight of the blonde. Killer had always been far less dramatic than his red-haired friend, and you two had actually gotten along in Highschool.

Killer shrugged, backing up slightly as Kid returned with the drinks. "Same old," he stated simply.

"Thank you," you offered Kid a small smile as he handed you a drink, immediately holding back a wince at the strong taste as you took a few sips. "It's good."

Kid chuckled, downing his in barely a second. "Glad you like it, little mouse," He added with his signature smile. You couldn't help but shiver at the eery nickname.

"[Y/n]-ya? What are you doing here?" A voice from behind the bar instantly drew your attention.

A very confused Trafalgar Law was staring at you as he paused his motion in cleaning a glass. "I should be asking you that! I thought you were working at the hospital!" You beamed, your smile being real for the first time that night. You were happy to see Law in normal circumstances, but seeing him here and now was making you feel ecstatic.

"I am, but I'm bartending part-time too to help pay off the med-school bills," he shrugged, offering you a small smile. "Are you actually on a date with Eustass-ya"

"Watch it," Kid growled, his glare had been growing throughout the conversation but now it looked like he was about to kill Law, and you couldn't have that.

"I am," you nodded, turning to Kid before he could jump on Law and gently grabbing his arm. "Hey Kid, do you want to go sit down somewhere more private?"

The hothead seemed to be on board with your plan, at least for a moment that is. You had started to walk to a table but Law grabbed your hand to stop you. "Let me know if you need anything, [y/n]-ya," he offered with a small smile.

That simple gesture was enough to set Kid off, he turned quickly to Law with a deep frown. "Why the fuck would she need anything from a creep like you, Trafalgar? Are you implying I'm not a good date?"

Law sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before responding. "I just wanted her to know that I was here if she needed me, I wasn't implying anything."

"Like she'd ever need an ugly prick like you," Kid snapped, grabbing you harshly by the arm and pulling you over to the table where his friends were.

By the time you were able to squirm out of his grasp, you were already surrounded by the tough-looking group. "Look, Kid, I don't appreciate you speaking about my friend that way!" You turned to glare at him but were quickly interrupted by him grabbing your face with his hand and squeezing it tightly as he tugged you close. You only had enough time to let out a small yelp before you started to feel the pressure from his strong hold, you were positive large bruises were already forming on your cheek from the harsh treatment.

"What did you just say to me?" He asked coldly, looking at you with a small frown.

"Kid, come on," Killer started but Kid held his hand up to stop the blonde.

"No, I wanna hear what she has to say," Kid retorted, his grip on your face tightening.

"I said, don't talk about my friend that way," you growled, spitting in his face.

Kid let out something between a chuckle and a hiss before he threw you down to the ground, your head and the right side of your body smashing into one of the tables. Before you could even collect your thoughts, you were being pulled back up into the air by your hair, letting out another yelp as pain coursed through your body.

"Do you want to say that again?" Kid purred into your ear.

"Let her go right now, Eustass-ya," Law's familiar voice reached your ears as he demanded your release from the psychotic redhead.

"Come to ruin the fun again?" Eustass laughed, turning to smirk at the doctor who was standing close to him now.

"I'm not asking. Let her go," Law repeated, surprisingly gaining a grunt from Kid before he released you, doing nothing as you scrammed to get out of his reach and safely behind Law.

"You can have her, I don't want someone that considers you a friend anyway," Kid spat, turning back to his friends before ushering them out of the building.

As soon as Kid had left the building, Law turned to you with a look of concern, surely taking in the multiple bruises that were forming on your face and all over your body. "[Y/n]-ya, I'm so sorry. I should have noticed what was going on sooner. I shouldn't have antagonized him like that...Let me get some ice for your wounds."

"It's not your fault..." you frowned, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. "Some people are just full of hate for no reason."

"Y-yeah," Law frowned as he looked down at your smaller form. "Look, I'm going to get the ice and then I'm going to take you directly home."

You only nodded, hugging your body as you started to shiver. Law paused, looking at you for a moment longer before stripping himself of his hoodie and handing it to you. Without hesitation, you accepted the warm piece of clothing, pulling it over your head and leaving the hood up to hide the bruises on your face from any onlookers.

Once Law was back he instructed you on where to hold the ice to help prevent swelling and then he led you outside to his car. You were extremely grateful that Law was a quiet person and didn't push you too much for conversation during the drive.

"I shouldn't have gone on that date, I knew what he was like," You finally voiced, making Law jump slightly at the sudden outburst.

"You better not be blaming yourself for what that idiot did to you," Law shot you a stern look before turning back to the road.

"I'm not, what Kid did was just him being an abusive jerk. It wasn't my fault...but I went on the date for the wrong reasons, knowing what he was like, and that was dumb of me," you admitted, nervously playing with the end of the hoodie.

"So what, the fact that you knew this was a possibility just shows how fucked up Eustass-ya is, it doesn't mean you're dumb at all," Law scoffed, making you feel only slightly better.

In fact, your anxiety was only growing as you reached the large white house in which you lived. You had no idea how the boys you lived with were going to react, but you were fucking sure it was going to end well for Kid.