CHAPTER 3

I woke up to the sound of my alarm... Anong oras ba ako nakatulog kagabi??I can't remember how I even slept!

I got out of my bed and got ready for school.. I did my usual morning routine then went downstairs and greeted my mom.
I ate my breakfast then nagpaalam na ako kay mom to go to school.

Pagkarating ko sa classroom I already saw that Kayden was already there.
"Good morning Kayden!!" I greeted him

He was shocked at first but then he smiled.

"Good morning too Aster!" he greeted back.

I went to my seat and got my book to read the lessons for the day. It wasn't that long when students started to arrive. Then the day went on.

It was lunch time and I was preparing to eat my food at my desk. When a pair of hands holding a lunch box appeared in front of me.
I looked up to see who it was and to my surprise, I saw Kayden.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked

"It would be a pleasure." I answered

He got a chair and sat in front of me. We talked a lot about school and our studies and some things about each other. After that talk I think I got to know him better.

Days went by and me and Kayden would usually hang out together. We were basically best friends but to be honest I didn't want us to be like that.... but I think I can bear with it for now.

Each day seems to be a reason to fall for him deeper and deeper until I couldn't get up from my fall and no one can catch me. I was falling deeper but I couldn't tell him that I like him! He would be shocked and he might stop hanging out with me and talk to me and I don't want that to happen......

"K-KAYDEN!S-STOP!!" I screamed-laughed at him hardy catching my breath and my stomach hurts from laughing too much.

"NO I WON'T!" he smirked and laughed evilly like a villain..

We're at his house since we needed to finish a pair project but...here we are in his room and he's tickling me for the past 5 minutes because he couldn't agree on my explanation for something.

"P-PLEASE K-KAYD-DEN S-STO-OP!" I was on the verge of crying because I really can't breathe anymore.

Kayden stopped when he saw my eyes glistening with my tears welling up in it.

"Hey are you crying?" worry sketched in his face.

I couldn't answer him since I lack air inside my lungs.

"Shit! I'm sorry Aster I didn't mean to...." he looked so worried and guilt was written on his whole face.

When I had my strength and air back I answered him. But before that I smacked him HARD. I almost died because of him!

"You don't need to be sorry and apologize to me I'm fine now just please don't do that again and you cursed you shouldn't have done that" I said still a little bit out of breath.

"Still what I did was wrong , I'm sorry ....and for cursing, my feelings took over I couldn't stop it" he said guilty for what he did.

Hindi na ako nagsalita and all I did was to hug him as tight as I can to comfort him though baka hindi na siya nakahinga dahil doon. He hugged me back and we were like that for a good 10 minutes before I loosened my hug.

"You're my best friend and as I am yours it is my duty to forgive you even if you did something wrong pero hindi nun ibig sabihin na sa lahat ng pagkakamali mo ay patatawarin kita kailangan mo ring matuto na panindigan ang mga pagkakamali mo and I will help you with that." mahaba kong ipinaliwanag sa kaniya

"You kinda sound like my mom but thanks really for everything...God I still can believe that I've met such an amazing person like you and that were friends for 4 years now.." mahabang pasasalamat niya

"That's true and that is what I also feel, Nagpapasalamat ako na binigyan ako ng isang kaibigan na katulad mo, you were always there for me through my ups and downs and you would comfort me whenever I feel sad. Thank you Kayden for everything..I love you..." mahina ko lamang binigkas ang huling kataga... I can't let him know what I truly feel towards him... I can't bear it if he leaves me... I'll be alone again..and I don't want that to happen..Kaya kahit mangyari hindi niya dapat malaman ang tunay kong nararamdaman para sa kaniya...

We spent the whole day doing the project then when it was time for me to go home he insisted that he would walk me to the gate. I saw my driver outside obviously waiting for me so nagpaalam na ako kay Kayden.

"Bye Kayden...See you at school..." then I kissed him....on his cheeks..

He was shocked at first but he smiled at me and also said goodbye.

I got in the car and my driver went to his seat.. I waved at Kayden until his figure slowly dissapears in my vision. I got back home and went on my room then I sat on my chair and got my secret journal that I've been writing on for the past 4 years.

It contains all of my memories with Kayden and of course my true feelings for him.. it's sort of a diary with some pages containing pictures of me and Kayden...I let out a huge
sigh knowing that all of these can never be seen by Kayden....ever..

I wrote everything that had happened that day and after writing down every single detail, I placed it back to where I always hid it so it cannot be seen easily. I got downstairs to join my mom and dad for dinner then after eating we talked about random things..after about an hour I got back to my room and got ready for bed. Once I was going finished I plopped down on my soft bed and as tiredness got over me I quickly fell asleep and let the darkness take over my world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

If you're a little confused Kayden and Aster were already in sixth grade when they worked on the project.

   -ely