Prolouge

Sitting here at my office looking at the mountain of paperworks and folders that are waiting to be read and signed are all making my head ache Ugh!!

Ano ba 'tong pinasok ko?

A knock distracted me from looking at the papers. Tumingin ako sa pintuan at iniluwa nun yung secretary ko.

"Dra. Galvez you've got an urgent meeting at 2 o 'clock this afternoon with the board of directors." my secretary informed me.

"Okay, I'll be there and please can you get someone to get the rest of the papers and folders so that I can look at those?"

"Yes doc I'm on it."

"Okay good and thank you, you may leave." I smiled at my secretary before she left.

I let out a huge sigh as I think of what we could possibly be discussing this afternoon. Napamasahe ako sa sentido ko.

After a few minutes, I took a look at my wrist watch to check the time and it was currently 12 noon, so I decided to go to the nearest Starbucks I could find and grab a coffee and some pastry since I didn't have breakfast nor lunch yet.

A little snack would do

I cleaned and organized my stuff from my table and got my things and put them in my bag, grabbed my coat and went out of my office. While walking in the hallway I saw some of the employees having their lunch and once they saw me they stood up to greet me. I smiled at them too and told them to enjoy their lunch. I got to the parking then got in my car then drove off.

I got to the coffeeshop in about 15 minutes since the traffic was not that bad. I went in and ordered then once I was finished, I sat in an empty chair near the window and got my iPad to check some emails and files from work. After a few minutes of non-stop scrolling and reading through around emails and almost a hundred files, my name got called, I stood up to get my order since I still have a lot of work back in my office.

When I was about to leave, another person came in and I think he's in a hurry since he didn't notice his wallet had fallen from his pocket at dahil isa akong mabuting mamamamayan ng mundong ito, I picked it up and tapped his shoulder to give the wallet back. But damn! Nagsisi akong ginawa ko pa yun dahil sa sandaling lumingon siya sa akin at nagtagpo ang aming mga mata, nakita ko ang mukha ng lalaking pilit kong binura sa mga alaala ko sa nakalipas na walong taon ng buhay kong ito.

"Aster?"

Tangina naaalala niya pa ako?

I can't lie to myself at sabihing hindi siya hapon sa paningin ko. He changed... A lot.... Of course it's been years... From his tousled-like hair with some strands falling over his forehead to his more masculine built that is obvious in his attire.

"Ehmmm-" He cleared his throat..
Hindi ko napansin na nakatitig na pala ako ng matagal sa kaniya.

"Ah yes you dropped your wallet" Binigay ko yon sa kaniya at umalis na sa coffeshop.

While I was walking to my car I did not pay attention to my surroundings till...

*beeeeep*

Lumingon ako sa pinanggagalingan nung tunog at nakita ko yung isang kotse na papunta sa direksyon ko pero bago pa ako maka-iwas, may kamay na humila sa akin at sa sobrang bilis ng pangyayari nawalan kami parehas ng balanse kaya napahiga kami sa daan. Nagtama muli ang aming mga mata.

I got so lost in his eyes that I didn't realize what position we are in. Napatayo agad ako nang bumalik ako sa tamang wisyo. Pinagpagan namin ang aming kasuotan bago siya magsalita.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, worry evident in his eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine...uhhhhh T-thank you f-for saving m-me. "

Damn it! Bakit ako nauutal?

"You're welcome mi'lady" he said with a smile on his face.

"I-ikaw nasaktan ka ba?" nag-aalala kong tanong.

"No worries, I'm fine." he answered biglang naging malamig ang tono niya.

"A-are y-you sure?" I asked again..sinisiguro ko lang baka kasi nagsisinungaling 'to eh..

"Yes I'm fine thank you for your concern" he's still smiling..well I guess okay lang talaga siya..

"I guess I better be going, thank you again so much. Oh! I forgot to ask your number...I want to treat you to dinner as thanks for saving me...I owe you my life.. " I said with a small smile forming in my lips.

"Umm you don't need to really" he said hesitant to my offer

"No insist I owe you one" I insisted

He fortunately gave up and gave me a call card. I accepted it and put in in my bag.

"I'll call you when you're free so I can reserve our seats" I smiled at him..

"Okay miss, Ingat ka" he said then tumalikod na siya at naglakad pabalik sa loob.

I got back in my car with my heart beating so fast na parang sasabog ang dibdib ko.

Bakit kinikilig ako?

I can't help but smile. Bakit ganon? He doesn't seem affected with what happened years ago... Had he moved on already? Psh....ano bang klase 'tong tanong ko? Malamang nakamove-on na siya....Pota walong taon na Aster!!

8 years......

Pumikit nalang ako ng mariin para hindi ko na maalala yung nakaraan kung paano ko siya iniwan.... Sawa na akong umiyak.... Sawa na akong masaktan...

I started the car and drove back to the hospital....

Paano ko ba siya malilimutan???

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first story so bear with me with the typos and such... Thank You

ely