CHAPTER 11

It takes me a while to shake off the nightmare. I know it was only that and nothing more, it has to be. Hailey has nothing to do with anything going on, hell I don't think she's even had a vision, but I can't shake this awful feeling that I'm missing something.

Hailey shuffles her slippered feet through the kitchen and sets down some tea in front of me on the counter. She leans over onto her elbows and waves a hand in front of my face.

"Hey girl, you sure you're okay?"

Concern fills her green eyes. I nod unable to look away from them. They are just like in the dream, only more real and less evil. It was just a nightmare I keep telling myself.

My phone vibrates on the counter next to me. Hailey looks over at it and smirks, a real one that I haven't seen from her in days. Making me forget the dream.

"You two seem to be getting pretty serious," she winks.

I'm confused by her changed mood. After last night I wasn't sure how she'd be this morning. I was worried she'd stay in bed all day and ignore the world. I like that she's back to being the Hales I love, but something doesn't sit right. I assumed she'd be hounding me about what happened to mom's necklace. I sigh and place a hand over the empty spot where it once hung around my neck. A lump forms in my throat and I try to swallow it down.

"Phi?"

Her smile fades as she carefully studies my face.

"Sorry, yeah," I say, as I pretend to grab the necklace.

"You should ask him out."

I check the message on my phone.

"Looks like I won't even have to," I say, giving her a reassuring smile. "He just asked me out for tonight."

She clasps her hands together happily. What I don't mention is that it's not exactly the kind of date she's thinking.

"We're still on for girls day?" She asks.

"Of course, I just have to call into work," I say, taking a sip of tea. "Why? What did you have in mind?"

"Makeovers," she says with a beaming smile. "My treat."

I stare at her blankly, sometimes I hate when she attempts to pamper me with her money.

"I don't know..."

"C'mon it'll be fun," she says, attempting to reassure me. "Plus don't you want to look sexy on your date tonight. Maybe you two can do more than just make out."

She does her usual eyebrow wiggle, and her lips pull into a smirk. I don't know what's come over her and I don't want her to fall back into her slump and distance herself again. I nod in agreement, "Okay fine. On one condition."

"What's that?" She asks leaning over even further.

The look on her eyes makes me feel uneasy.

"You don't spend more than one hundred on any of it," I warn.

"Fine."

"Great!"

I excuse myself to call work and to text Rowan. I hate that I lied to her. He asked me out tonight to do research on what's happening, so I doubt what she thinks is going to happen will happen. Tonight is our break in. He'll be a little confused when I show up to break into Silas's shop all made over, but I've got to make it look like a real date to keep Hailey off my tail.

My phone goes off, and my heart skips several beats when I see it's another text from Rowan.

Rowan: Of course I'll pick you up, what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't? I promise one day I'll take you on a real date that doesn't involve breaking and entering.