2

Chapter 2

"Oh my God!! Oh my God!!"

Angela suddenly whipped her head around to see if her best friend also saw the ghost that she saw earlier, but unfortunately, maybe a bit luckily, it wasn't the ghost.

"Morning girls!" Jacob walked to their direction with his usual dazzling, mesmerizing, bright smile. Seriously, Angela just consider him a walking shining star since it seems that he always shines. 

Is that even possible?  She shook her head and get rid of her funny but to her defense, a valid point thought aside.

"Good morning Jake! Uhm... I h-have to be somewhere so, see you when I see you!" she turned her back to them and ran off leaving her best friend and Jake confused with her departure.

"Hey! Angela! What the hec- nevermind..." Jemma rolled her eyes with her friend's actions and faced the man standing beside her.

"What's wrong with Angela? Is she okay?" he asked, concerned of the girl who just looked like she was bitten by a snake when she saw him.

"I hope so, she looks rattled this morning..." Jemma answered, thinking about the time that she saw Angela earlier this morning.

Angela said something about her not believing Angela. She knew Angela doesn't tend to lie unless in dire situations so why would Angela think that Jemma will doubt her?

"She's always like that whenever I'm around. As if she's avoiding me, she doesn't like me at all. I didn't ask Elena, because I know she'll ask her cousin." Jacob is one of Elena's best friend, Angela's cousin, they are a year older than them. Given the circumstances that Elena and Angela's house are side by side, so they grew quite close with Elena's friends as well but Angela seems to avoid only him. Elena is studying at a different school so she didn't know about Angela's reactions toward Jacob, she seems normal around him when they're together at her cousin's house.

"Of course not Jake. Angie likes you, she likes everybody! In fact, she likes everyone despite her shy demeanor, she's just really shy..." Jemma quickly explained seeing the expression in Jake's face.

"Yeah right. She likes everybody except me, she won't even look at me nor answer my questions directly as if she's scared just by looking at me. Is there something wrong with me?"

"Actually-" Jemma was about to answer but decided against it. It's not her secret to tell and she respects her best friend so she reigned herself from spilling something to Jake, even if she knew that telling him will solve the problem of the both of them.