Ch 4 The Party

The Green dress is Nessy's and the pink one is Vicki's. Enjoy the chapter :)

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. Groaning I picked up the phone an pressed the answer button on my iPhone and put it to my ear.

"You better have a bloody good reason to be calling me at this time in the morning who ever you are" I said into the phone rudely.

"Jez, remind me to not call you after a late night." Vicki chuckled from the phone.

"Oh, it's you, sorry, you just woke me up"

"Sorry, anyways, just wanted to check up on you and make sure you don't bail on the party."

"What par- oh drakes right?"

"Gosh, dose sleeping make you forget everything or is it just because your a gold fish?"

"Probably because I am a gold fish"

"Yeah, anyway, remember to come over to my place five hours before the party so we can turn each other into different people- oh! I forgot to tell you, drake made a last minuet decision and decided that the party was going to be a masquerade party so don't forget to bring a mask."

"Ugh that sucks!"

"Why, people won't know who you are, you could even meet a mysterious guy and have a sappy love story together!" Vicki beamed with delight.

"Ha, like that's going to happen, the guys don't even look in my direction and school."
But no one will know you."

"True, but I'm still not on board with with the whole mysterious guy thing, and plus all the guys there are going to be snobby rich guys who probably think they own the place."

"Yeah, your right, I have to go, bye."

"Bye" and with that the line went dead.

-------

I was now walking up to Vicki's house, which is huge! I mean seriously! She only has five people living in there. The house could probably fit the the same amount of people as the MCG for crying out loud! Anyways, I decided to come early and have lunch with Vicki because I have nothing better to do.

Knock, knock, knock !

Within seconds the door swings open and I'm ambushed with hugs.
"Hey, what are you doing here so early?" Vicki asked.

" I brought food" I said holding up the bag of Chinese takeaway.

After staring at the bag like she's going to rob me she gestured to the inside of her house and says "come in."

I walk past her like I just diddnt care if it was her home or not. We're like that though to each other.

"I'm just about to grab something from my car so go into the kitchen and grab some forks so we can eat the takeout." Vicki says walking out the door.

Great

I thought to my self. How am I suppose to find the kitchen in this place. The only room in this house i know is Vicki's bedroom. We're always in there. We occasionally go into the kitchen but I never really learnt how to find it.
Trying to find the kitchin I start walking. I walk down the first corridor and make a turn left hoping for the best but unfortunately it's just another bedroom. God, this is just like playing cluedo except you don't yell out MR JOHN KILLED MSS. SADY WITH THE CANDLE STICK! Instead you yell out YES! MS VANESSA HAS FINALLY FOUND THE KITCHEN! But I haven't had any luck yet with finding it yet. Suddenly I bump into someone and fall flat on my but like the clutz I am.
"Oh! I am so sorry, are you ok? Are you hurt?" The guy said sound alarmed.
"No, I'm used to falling on my but, it's a daily thing for a clutz like me." Wow did I really just say that?
I looked up to see this gorgeous guy standing over me with an extended hand I assume is for me. He helps me up and that's when I get a really good look at him. He has a really nice brown hair colour with free eyes, he's very muscular but not to muscular and very tall. And his eyes are the colour of the ocean after a storm.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there." The guy said.

"I'm Wes, one of Drakes friends, and you are?" Wow. Oh.My.God. His accent is to die for! It sounds kind of French.

"I'm Vanessa but everyone calls me Nessy, I'm Vicki's best friend."

"Ah, the famous Nessy, Vicki talks a lot about you."

"Wait, Vicki talks to you about me, are you two close?"

"Not really, but when I'm over having dinner with the family you're always in the conversation some how, your like a sister to her." He says.

"Buddy I am her sister, just because we're not blood related didn't mean we're not sisters."
I say making hand gestures while talking to him.

"Ok." and just like that I happen to see the kitchen out of the corner of my eye.

"Well it was nice meeting you Wes but I have to go now, this food is calling to me." He chuckles before saying good bye and walking off in the opposite direction.

---

About 1 hour later we had finished all of the Chinese takeaway and picked the music to play while we get ready. The song that was playing in Vicki's bedroom was she looks so perfect by 5 seconds of summer. We were dancing crazy to it and singing completely off key. After the song finished we got working on each other. 

---
I turned around it the chair to face the mirror in Vicki's bathroom, and I looked amazing. It didn't look like me at all.

"Oh! Vicki I look-"

"GORGEOUS! I know, I'm so talented" she complimented her self.

"Alright let's go down stairs into the ball room and get this party started!"

We started walking down the stairs and towards the ballroom when suddenly the chandelier dropped. It was all a blur until I saw him. I didn't know who he was but all I could think of was getting him out of the way before the glass pierced his skin and he died. I couldn't stand seeing another person die right in front of my eyes when I easily had the opportunity to save him, unlike the dreadful night of my brothers death. Everything seemed to slow down as I lunged at him and shoved him into the hard, polished wooden floor. I felt the pain radiate from my hip all the way across my body. I let out a strangled shriek and I could feel the man next to me flinch and then become limp. I stopped moving and just lay there on floor listening to all the yelling. I could only just hear Vicki's voice shouting incoherent words. I felt someone lift me up. I let out another yelp. 

"Shhhh, you'll be okay," I heard a familiar voice whisper. "You're fine. Let's get you outta here."

The footsteps echoed as he walked towards the door. My eyes started to close unwillingly and everything turned hazy. Suddenly, all I could see was black.