Ch6 - Unexpected News

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted anything in like a month, I've been really busy. So to make it up to you guys I'm going to post two chapters in one night! Now how lucky are you ;)

It has been about a week since I have seen anyone other than Vicky, she has been here nearly every night to check up on me and to see if I haven't 'dropped dead in the middle of the night' as she would say. Seriously, I had a concussion no a bloody brain tumour growing. God she can be annoying some times, but I love her. Anyways, she came over last night with some unexpected news. She said that the guy I saved from the falling chandelier, Daniel, wanted to take me out to dinner to say thanks for saving his life. I diddnt know weather I should go or not, I mean you never know what he could be like, he could either be a really sweet guy that just wanted to say thank you or he could be some perv trying to look at my boobs the whole time! Vicki just laughed in my face when I told her what I was thinking. She said that he was Wes's best friend so he was a good guy. And because Wes is such a good guy, that I should go and have dinner with him. So here I am trying to find a nice dress to wear.

"Hey Vicki, what about this one?"
I asked holding up a blue knee high, strapless dress.

"Hmmmm nah, looks like your trying to hard."

"Vicki! I am not trying anything!"

"Ok, ok, no need to get your panties in a twist."

Gosh she can be annoying, wait, I'm sensing déjà vu here haven't I said that before.

I shoved multiple coat hangers aside in my closet looking for the perfect dress, Ahh, I can't find anything nice to wear! You know what? Stuff it. I'll just go in something casual, I mean I have no idea why I was fussing over a stupid dress. I picked up a pair of my nice blue denim jeans and a dark grey T-shirt and a leather jacket to top the outfit off. As I placed my clothes on the bed Vicki game me a confused look.

"Nessy what are you doing?"

"I'm getting changed"
I stated.

"Into what exactly?"

"My normal clothes"

"Why, don't you know who this guy is!?"

"No Vicki I don't, I haven't even met him yet, remember?"

"He's the son of John Murphy, the owner of the most successful shipping company! You can't go looking like that!"

"Why not?"

"Because it is socially suicidal, do you know how many girls go after him! Heaps and if the tabloids get a photo of the two of you, which they probably will, you will be a laughing stock in all the magazines!"

"Well, looks like I'm going to disappoint a few people then. "

"If I can't get you to change your mind can I at least do your makeup?"

"As long as you don't over do it. Then yes."

"Alright, meet me in the bathroom in ten minuets. All this worrying is making me hungry."
Vicki said leaving the room with a huff.

I get why she is making a big commotion about all this, if what she said about him being a rich boy is true, he'll probably take me to some fancy restaurant where every girl you see is wearing a five hundred dollar gown. But to be honest I don't really care what people think of me these days. My whole life has changed since my brother, I look at the world differently. I use to worry about the stupidest things like not getting to school on time, or not having my hair in a perfect bun when I go to work, but all that doesn't matter any more. I've always tried to be something I'm not to please everyone around me, but not any more. I pushed all thoughts aside and headed to the bathroom to get ready. After about five minutes Vicki came in and started on my makeup. She gave me dark brown smokey eyes with black eye liner to my make eyes look bigger than they really were. She also straitened my hair.
We had another hour to spare before Daniel was suppose to be here so once she finished my makeup we headed down stairs to watch some T.V.

Hey guys sorry it was kinda a lame chapter. But the next one will be about Nessy and Daniel, so hopefully it goes well :)