Chapter Eleven: Horrid D.M.Us

About five days have gone by since the Josephine Railway engines had arrived on Sodor, and got used to the new landscape and scenery around them. Keeping to the times was something else, but they got that part down pat.

Braedey and Diana got along with the other mainline engines, the latter really enjoying spending time with Donald and Douglas, the three Caledonian engines happy and chatting about their times in Scotland. Braedey got along with Henry, Gordon, and James, but he toned out their boasting and them saying 'tender engines don't shunt'. He never really understood why Gordon and James dislike shunting at all. It was baffling.

Belle and Liliana got used to the Ffarquhar Branch. The two female engines handled passengers and goods, but Liliana had to take care with her trains, due to her small size. Belle also got along with Thomas, the two of them sharing their pasts, the others curious about this. Percy also got along with the two female engines. Toby was also pleased of Liliana and Belle helping out on the branchline.

For both Austin and Max, the two got the shunting yards cleaned in record time, to the yardmaster's surprise to see how efficient the two engines worked, and they were given the yard's praises. The shunting engines said there was no need for any praise. A good day's work was well enough.

~*~*~

Down by the flour mill on Thomas' branchline, Liliana was doing some light shunting. She was gentle with the flour trucks, being sure not to bump them too hard. She smiled gently to the workmen, then saw Toby pulling up to a platform nearby with Henrietta behind him.

Toby is a GER Class C53 0-6-0T Wisbech steam tram (reclassified as J70 by the LNER) built at Stratford Works. Toby is painted in brown with grey side plates and grey cowcatchers. His number 7 is painted on his sides in yellow with red lining, and he has a brass bell.

 His number 7 is painted on his sides in yellow with red lining, and he has a brass bell

Henrietta is a GER Wisbech and Upwell Tramway 4-wheel coach. She has balconies at each end, and a drawbridge type gangway. Each balcony had an emergency hand-brake wheel. Henrietta is painted brown-orange with red buffer beams and a grey roof.

"Hello, Liliana. Take it easy with those trucks." Toby advised to the little green engine. "We don't want to lose any flour."

"No problem. Take care of yourself, Toby." Liliana smiled, as Toby chuffed away with his coach.

"You too, Lili." Tony called, heading off down the branchline.

A few minutes later, Liliana began to head off towards the main junction, so she could deliver the flour to Tidmouth Harbour. It was nice to go a little further than Elsbridge, and it be nice to possibly see her friends.

As she travelled down the line, she then saw a red signal ahead of the line. Liliana slowed down until she arrived at the signal, and stopped with a hiss of her brakes. She looked up at the signal in confusion.