Chapter 4

"So how did you get here under my skin?
I swore that I'd never let you back in
Should've known better than trying to let you go
'Cause here we go, go go again"
-Demi Lovato

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Chapter 4

Finally, his nightmare became true. The person he avoided for so long, had come back to stand infront of him and with those same distrustful eyes had looked at him, like they had looked six years ago. Caleb had been avoiding her since the day she had gotten out of her College. Tracking her every move possible, so that not even by co-incidence, their path would ever cross. But still, even after trying so hard, they had met and as he had anticipated, the feeling was horrible. 

It was hard for him to walk away from her, to pretend he didn't know her. But he had to do it, he had to stay away from her, that's what she had wanted for so long, and that was the best thing to do right now, for both of their sakes. He knew she had a meeting here today, but that was canceled. That's why he had decided to come here. If he only knew she would be here, not in a million years would he have come here.

Caleb hadn't gone to his room just after he had left Bella. He had walked to the end of the corridor to stand infront of a glass wall overlooking the stormy city outside. And inside in his heart, a more dangerous storm kept wrecking havoc. He had finally met her, and though he hated it, but the sight of her was spectacular as always. His heart had fluttered once again, like the teenage boy he had once been and it was not a good thing. That was how much power Bella still had over him, even after these six years and that's the reason he cannot ever let her come near him again.

About forty minutes later, Caleb had walked out of the corridor and taking the elevator, went to the third floor where his room was supposed to be. The narrow corridor, with rooms on both sides, was totally desserted by the time he had come up. Everybody had gone to rest for the night. But the turmoil he had been feeling inside him, had just started. 

205- His room number. He walked while searching for it. He noticed that each side of the corridor had ten rooms each. As he approached his room, he saw a bellboy coming out of the room opposite his room- from 215. For a split second he thought the bellboy wasn't expecting anyone outside as he looked shocked, but changed his expression quickly and nodded respectfully towards Caleb before walking away. Strange he had thought, but everything happening today was strange. He shook his head and went inside his room.

The whole night Caleb was awake in his room, smoking cigerattes as he always did. He never sleeps well, unless he is in his Office room. But he is more of an insomniac, with very little sleep, so he always likes to work. But today, he has neither any work, nor is he in his Office. That's why he was having the jittery feeling  and paced in his little room while trying to stay awake the whole night.

He was awake, sitting on a sofa near the window, when the daylight hit his room, indicating the cleared out sky and the start of a new morning. He checked his watch, it's nearly 7am. He took out his phone and dialed Luke's number. After many rings a groggy voice responded his call, "Hello?"

"Luke" Caleb said angrily, "Why the hell are you still sleeping?"

"Boss.." Luke jumped up in his bed.

"Get up quickly, we'll leave in an hour. Understood?" Caleb growled.

"Yes, Boss" Luke replied as Caleb hung up.

Caleb again went beside the window lighting another cigeratte in his hand, ten so far, - just one more hour in this hell, and then he'll be out of here and out of her sight like before. This time, he has to far more careful than he was before, he'll never ever be in this kind of a situation again, he'll make sure of that.