Chapter 3 - Nicole

What a nice Saturday to enjoy with your best roomie!

As soon as I woke up, I took a quick shower and changed into my casual clothes. After that, I went into Diana's room to wake her up. I knocked on her door a few times but when she didn't answer, I took out a spare key of her room (which she doesn't know I have) and unlocked the door.

When I entered, she was still tucked in her comforter, fast asleep. I grinned.

I'm going to make her sooo mad.

I swiftly opened the curtains and turned on the lights of her room. By this, I heard her utter angry gibberish under her blanket, something about insomnia and research. I rolled my eyes.

So she was doing that dumb research the whole night.

After a few minutes, she finally rose from her bed, "What the hell-" she started, but when she saw me, her eyes were wide with surprise. "What in the world, Nic?! H-how did you even get here?! Do you even know what day it is? It's Saturday, for Pete's sake! I just want to get some sleep!" she glared at me, then went back to sleep.

Before she let out a snore, I quickly pulled her out of the bed. She let out a yelp and fell down on the floor with a thud. She groaned.

"No sleeping today, Diana. It's Saturday and you know what that means."

"It means what?" she asked groggily.

I rolled my eyes, "I can't believe you forgot! It's our Shopping Saturday!"

She blinked at me, "It's that time already? But-"

"No buts, Diana! We're going to the mall to buy new clothes and have fun!" I then looked at her PJ's, "Look at what you're wearing! Are that PJ's or rags?"

She sighed, "Fine, but get out of my room. I'll go change."

She quickly pushed me outside and slammed the door. Hmph! She's so moody! Well, I think it's because I disturbed her sleep. Whatever.

After a few minutes, she went out wearing her casual clothes with a bored look on her face.

"Let's get this over with," she said.

After a long walk in the campus and a taxi ride, we arrived at the mall. As soon as we stepped in, I immediately dragged her to every shop that I saw and made her try every shirt and shoe around. She would try to sneakily escape at times, but I would always catch her before she went away and drag her back. Even though she looked very annoyed and exhausted, I knew that she enjoyed her time. Somehow.

While making her fit on a dress, she whined, "Can we just stop making me wear clothes? I'm starving!"

"Okay fine--" I started.

She looked very happy, "Yes! Finally!"

"--but try these heels on first!" I gave her a pair of high heels. Glancing beside me, I saw a jewelry set and gave it to her. "Oohh! Try these too! These match perfectly with the dress!"

Her face became sunken. She fell down on her knees, looking at the ceiling with her arms wide open, "Get me out of this nightmare!" This made the other customers turn to us. I just rolled my eyes at Diana's over-dramatic reaction.

After our day-long shopping spree, we stopped at the food court to have lunch. We came across different restaurants, and bought at least one food item from most of them. Well, Diana did. I just ordered a small meal from my favorite seafood restaurant.

"I can't wait to try all these," she said as we sat on the chairs on the table.

"I wonder why didn't I hear you say that when we were shopping," I huffed.