Chapter Ten.

They were in Alex's car on their way to the new apartment he'd rented for them.

She'd sneaked into her dorm room that evening, making sure it was the time the girls wouldn't be around.

They always observed movie night at 'Fruitloops' on Wednesdays. Yup, you guessed it, 'Fruitloops' was the name of a dorm—unfortunately.
Sigh.

It had felt surreal seeing her room after so long. It's been two days. She felt her eyes prickle with tears when Alex mentioned their involvement with Jayden. She hadn't wanted to admit it but she believed him. She sat on her bed and sighed.

Turns out she'd been given that dorm room on purpose.

It'd been an elaborate plan, though she couldn't believe it, any of it for that matter even though she knew it to be true.

They'd known about her even before school. Everything was all so overwhelming even to the point that she'd suffered a mild panic attack.

Alex had wanted to follow her just in case but she'd refused. She needed to be alone for a bit to think about everything.

Alex had also told her about Jayden's friends involvement with the cult as well but never would she have thought in a million years that her roommates were in on this too.

She leaned forward, burying her head in her hands. It was all too much. Why couldn't everything just be normal. What had she dragged herself into?

School was supposed to be normal she definitely hadn't seen any of this coming.

The wind blew into the room and her necklace brushed slightly against her wrist. She looked down at it and remembered who hung on it.

Without her consent,tears prickled her eyes and slowly began their silent trail down her face.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"I'm so sorry." She sobbed. Everything felt too much, too raw, too real.

"I wish I can be like Mum. She lost her only son and still loves you. I was jealous. I wanted her to fight and question you, not accept it. It drove me crazy." She whispered.

"I was so mad at you and hurt that I shut you out but I know now that I need you. I can't do this without you. I'm so sorry for leaving you." She felt she wouldn't be in any of this mess if she'd just stayed with Him.

Her eyes were lowered but suddenly she saw a light, it was spread all around her feet.

She gasped looking up. She knew she was in a trance—she'd had countless ones before, but it did not stop the awe spreading on her face or the smile from forming on her lips.

She saw who it was. She saw His smile, His black hair and beard.

"Jesus." She breathed. She felt his love, she saw it in his eyes and before she knew it she ran to him and felt his warmth.

"I'm sorry." Her voice cracked. She felt Him gently stroke her hair.

"It's okay my dear." She heard his voice—it sounded as soft and as gently as a spring of water.

She briefly saw his wounds and she felt guilty.

"Adriel trust me and lean not on your own understanding. Everything that has happened, happened for a reason, a reason that will soon be made known to you. Seek me out and I will be found of you. Your brother started a mission in this school and I will use you to finish it. Stay strong my daughter for I am always with you, likewise the Holy Spirit. Remember that I love you, now and forever." Then he vanished in my her arms and like that, he was gone.