Chapter Two

Just wow! So many comments and readers already! Thank you all for being such loyal readers and for giving me so much positive feedback. I must say I was a little worried that some of you wouldn't like it to read about Sammuel and Sapphire instead of Nathaniel and Amelia's child. So I'm incredibly happy!

Ofcourse I will eventually write a story about their child! :) 

Much love,

Ruth

I felt exhausted at the end of the day but also happy. It was the first time in a while that I'd been able to spend the entire day at college. I had a lot of work to catch up to and I spend hours on end in the library doing that.

My phone had buzzed several times, signaling messages from Ransom. He'd of course been told where I was by one of the wolfs also attending college. There was only a handful luckily and none in the library right now.

Ransom was seriously getting annoyed about my absence by now and although I knew I'd pay the price for it later I simply couldn't give up the peace and quiet. It was a rare thing indeed in my life.

My phone buzzed again and I only looked at it for a second before dropping it back in my purse. The message read: 'Where are you? Get back home!' There was no x to symbolize a kiss, no love you or a simple bye. Just the command.

Sometimes I imagined they were there though, that Ransom secretly did love me. He had to mate me if he wanted to step into my father's shoes, that was the only reason he was with me. I knew that.

With me. Right, more like my father had thrown my lot in with the irritable man; because that's what suited him best too.

God, that almost made this bloody relationship sound like an arranged marriage! I groaned and pulled out my notes. No it was arranged, all of it and not a single member of my pack was protesting against it.

No one cared that they were violating one of our most ancient laws. Because no one cared about me, and that was the sad truth.

Stop this Sapphire! I scolded myself. It was useless to moan about my fate just because I’d laid eyes on the most attractive man I'd ever seen. Even if I hadn't been entangled with Ransom he'd be out of my league.

Besides I'd long ago learned that fighting against my fate, sad as it was, was not possible. It had only proven to make things worse... I just had to wait until after the mating ceremony, until after my father had handed over the torch to Ransom. Then I'd make my break for freedom.

He'd still be consolidating his power inside the pack then. I'd go unnoticed long enough to find another pack or to disappear completely.

I looked outside to the setting sun that was just visible above the tree line from this side of the building. Or maybe, just maybe I'd manage to get an audience with the Regis or more likely: the Taoiseach of this region.

Dream on.

Ancient Gods of Northern Europe. That's what I should be focusing on now, so I could get started on the paper Professor Asvardson had assigned to us. I'd been excited about it since the moment he'd mentioned it.