Prologue

Hello trusty readers! 

Here it is, the long awaited book two in my series. The sequel to Thicker than Blood. This is just the prologue, the next chapter I'll be posting as soon as possible. ^.^ 

I really hope you will all enjoy the story as much as you enjoyed book one in the Soul Seeker Series: Thicker than Blood. For anyone new to the series, I highly recommend you read that one first! Seen as this story kicks of right smack in the middle of the first book. 

Also, this cover was made by my amazing boyfriend (that's why i dedicated this chapter to him) and I think it's turned out incredible! :) The eye color is exactly that of both Sammuel and Sapphire. Whom you'll all be getting to know more closely soon. ^.^

Enjoy!

[Prologue]

Sammuel leaned back his head against the concrete wall, letting out a slow suffering breath as he allowed his eyes to close just for a short second. What had he gotten himself into this time?

He’d really put his foot in it hadn’t he?

Grimly he rubbed his right wrist, the limb only too well remembering what it was like to be ‘put’ into something. He knew it had been the right thing to do, just as it had been the right thing to do all those long, long years ago. Yet he couldn’t shrug the feeling that something was bound to go very wrong soon.

Getting the Arch Angel hadn’t been hard, not with the token Nathaniel had handed him… It alone would have been enough to spark even THAT particular ancient’s interest. But the ominous words had made Tlanextic tense.

The cunning old man had known immediately what it was about and it had been unpleasant to travel with him back to Nathaniel’s territory. Flying wasn’t as natural to Sammuel as it was to the Arch Angel and he’d been tired on arriving, on edge.

It’s what had nearly caused Amelia her life the Norse warrior thought, he should have seen the explosive reaction coming. It had been unfortunate that Nathaniel and the hybrid girl had finished the Mating ceremony that afternoon too.

He’d been incensed himself when he’d found out his own daughter had Mated with a warrior; beautiful Vár… Long dead now.

Across the street the door to the house he’d been watching finally opened and he straightened. Relief flashing momentarily across his features, only to be hidden by a grim look of determination.

He’d weed out this infestation once and for all and then he could walk away with his conscious free. At least a little more free than it had been…