Summer start

Lips...soft, smooth, delicate, and warm as they found their way tenderly down my spine at a gentle pace. The manner in which Eli kissed the heated skin of my back was not lustful in the least bit, but sexy none the less. I was pretty sure he wasn't aware that I was awake, and currently scrutinizing the situation, and his obvious affection for me. I could not get over this feeling, it was simply too euphoric. He had continued to rub my back despite how I'd fallen still an hour ago, neary unconscious when I felt my shirt slipping off.

        I was too tired to protest, and the his warm breath tickled my neck, made the hair on my arms stand up on end. I froze, afraid to let him know that I'm awake for fear he wouldn't keep going. My heart is pounding ferociously, I have never had an experience even remotely close to this before... I mean sure, I've kissed girls, but I've never had an intimiate encounter with someone I'm actually sexually attracted to.

        I let him go on like this for what seemed like hours, when in reality it was probably only ten minutes.

        Then things started getting hotter.

        He moved his way from the center of my back up to my shoulder blades and my neck, gently nipping and sucking at the tender skin. His tongue was warm as it darted out to greet my heated flesh for a brief second before retreating back into its cavern. I shuddered with pleasure, moaning ever so softly. I realized what I'd done only after he froze, and retreated away from me. I panic.

        The moment his body is no longer pressed against mine I realized I am in love with him. I've never felt such a harsh tugging in my heart, like I literally cannot breath because he's no longer next to me. It's been one night, and this is competely insane and unrealistic, but it's happening. I have fallen hard for what I know so far of Eli Tyler. It's like I've been waiting for him too long to let him slip away now.

        "Please stay," my voice comes out cracked and dry, barely a whisper. But he heard me. I forced my sore body to move, to reach out ot where I'd felt him retreat to in the darkness. He takes my outstretched hand and intertwines our fingers, slowly and hesitantly resuming his previous position next to me. He places his palm against my cheek, brushing the damp hair out of my eyes with delicate fingertips. My hair was black with sweat and matted to my forehead, and I knew that I was sick as hell despite how fine I felt right now.

        "I didn't know you were awake," he murmurs, embarrassed.

        "It's okay," I answer, pulling him closer, feeling his warmth radiate off of him. "Now I know..." He takes in a deep, ragged breath, uncertain with the situation, but I could feel how hard his heart was thumping against his ribcage. And I'm pretty sure that's not a pack of mentos in his pocket.

        He rests his head on my pillow and gazes into my eyes, his intentions lost and confused. His thumb lightly traces the dark circles under my eyes.

        "Now you know what?" he whispers. I take a deep breath.

        "That I think I'm falling in love with you, as crazy as that sounds. And even crazier; that you might feel the same way?" I mean to sound more confident whent I say this, but it comes out more as a question that I had originally intended. He's silent for a quick moment and I can't read his expression. Before I know it, he's tightening his hold around me and pulling me in for a deep, passionate kiss. Our lips do not press against each other hard, but rather softy, gently.

        I moan very softly, and it startles me. I haven't moaned in years, haven't had a reason to. I haven't been exposed to this much pleasure in one night before. It feels as if I have been waiting for this moment longer than I even knew what it was.

        I start to pull away, but Eli clings to my shirt and gasps, our mouths reconnecting like we would die if our lips touched the outside air for even a second. It was a burst of emotion, and now I know that he does in fact feel the same way. And I don't care that it's happening too fast, or that I must smell like shit.

        "Sorry," I gasp as I pull away, light headed and out of oxygen.

        "For what?" he asks, pushing me roughly against the bed and kissing my neck. This catches me off guard.

        "Nevermind, kiss me," I demand, unable to remember what on Earth I could be apologizing for.

                        Two weeks later. With Eli and Thomas.

        "You get lucky yet?" Thomas questions.

        "What do you mean?" Eli responds, looking up from his book. Thomas rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his Mountain Dew before falling onto the couch next to his younger twin.

        "Have you two had sex yet?" He says the words slowly, individually.

        "Tom!" Eli smacks him with his book, offended.

        "Hey, hey! It's just a question!" he defends, giggling and shielding his soda can.

        "Well it's none of your business! So even if we had- which we haven't- I wouldn't tell you." Eli opens his book back up, giving Thomas an unapproving look.

        "You're a prick, I want the juicy details."

        "Well you'll get over it. You love me."

        "Don't push it." Thomas sighs and drops the topic. "So where is the boo today, anyway?"

        "His mom is making him go to some thing," Eli mutters, shrugging and not looking away from his book. But he wasn't reading, more staring at the words and thinking of something else entirely.

        "Lucky..." Thomas whispers.

        "I know," Eli says, voice monotonic.

        There is a short pause before Thomas responds, the atmosphere much more serious than before. "I miss her, Eli."

        "You and me both, that's why we have to stick together." Eli closes his book and puts it down, not bothering to save the page.

        "You think she would have accepted you?"

        "Once when I was thirteen she told me she would love us both no matter what we chose to believe, or who we loved... I've never forgotten that day and moment. We were buying raspberries at the grocery store; 'two containers for five dollars' sale."

        Thomas grins. "Good."

        "How did Connin's mom take it?" Eli wonders.

        "He hasn't told her, he's not ready," Thomas responds. Eli nods. He has been in a relationship with the boy for two weeks, he doesn't know neary enough about him yet. They were still in the learning stages.

        "At least we'll be there for him when he does."

        "Ever get tired of being the eternal optimist?" Thomas teases.

        "I'm not always happy and you know it."

        "You have been these past few weeks. Tell me, if you guys are 'so in love', then why haven't you done the deed?"

        "Because now is not the time," Eli grumbles, glaring at him.

        "Why not?" Thomas retaliates, raising his hands in the air in mock enthusiasm.

        "You ask a lot of questions."

        "Isn't that how you learn things, little bro?" Thomas laughs and slaps him on the back.

        "Just shut up."