Part Two

Part Two

"Alright, Nicole, you have a plan for this year, right? Something new and exciting will happen, right?"

The next morning, I rose early, packing my things away into the single trunk that I owned that donned a green and black raven on the top. I had made the art myself, wanting to stand out as a student in my own house and among others as well. I also had a backpack that I carried, which I put smaller, more personal items into, such as a necklace that my mother had left when she died. The only remaining thing was the large birdcage that held my small, night-black owl, Remorie. I had gotten him the first time I had gone to Diagon Alley, just before my first year at Hogwarts, although I still hadn't needed him for sending letters to anyone outside of the school. Mainly, he flew during the holidays when I wanted to write Luna or Neville. Otherwise, he simply stayed in the girls' dormitory with me.

Steve carried the trunk outside to the car for me, and I slung the backpack over my shoulder and picked up Remorie's cage. He twittered in disapproval at being moved, but I gave him a stern glance and he immediately shut himself up. He was like a friend to me, but of course, he was usually the annoying one who would only be quiet when he absolutely had to. Thankfully, he knew to be quiet at night when other creatures, such as myself, were trying to sleep.

~~~~~~~

We reached the station promptly at half past ten, which made some of the knots in my stomach disappear. I had learned to get on the train a bit early so that I could get a compartment for me, Luna, Neville, and whoever else seemed to be without a seat elsewhere.

Steve carried the trunk behind me after we had passed through the stone column that marked the entrance to platform nine and three-quarters. I walked a little quicker than I probably should have, looking everywhere but directly in front of me. Suddenly, I felt my face firmly plant itself into someone's back, and the force of the recoil knocked me to the ground. It didn't seem to affect the other person as much, as they seemed to be at least a foot taller than myself.

A surprised guy turned around to see me sitting on the ground, Remorie's cage on it's side next to me with the small owl fluffing out his wings in indignation.

"You okay?" the guy asked me, offering a hand to help me up. I accepted and he pulled me back to my feet, his scruffy red hair falling into his face a bit.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thanks," I said, pushing my own brunette bangs out of my eyes. It was a habit of mine: if I saw someone else's hair in their face, I automatically pushed mine back to make up for theirs. "Sorry about that," I continued. "I just get to looking around every year, and its not like I'm the most graceful person in the first place. I'm Nicole Sparrah, by the way," I added, offering my own hand this time.

"George Weasley," he replied, grasping it and giving it a gentle shake. So he was related to Ron, who was apparently Harry Potter's best friend. When he released my hand, I let it drop to my side and finally dug it into my pocket, unsure of what to say now. He came up with something pretty obvious really quick.

"So what year are you?" he asked, and I immediately knew what he was talking about.

"Fourth-year. But I'll be fifteen in October. Apparently I'm older than most of the fourth-years." I smirked a little at the last part because it satisfied me that I had a little bit of seniority over the other fourth-years who seemed to stay away from me. I always seemed to tell myself, they're scared of me, that's all, even though I knew that it wasn't true.

"Oh, that's nice, I guess. My brother Ron's a fourth-year too. You know him very well?" It didn't seem like small talk was his cup of tea either.

"Um, no, not really. Sorry, I'm a Ravenclaw, you know."

"Ah, right. Oh, I'm a fifth-year, in case you care. Gryffindor." The last part was fairly obvious because he was a Weasley. How their entire family made it into the same house, I'll never understand.

Suddenly, before either of us could say anymore, a voice very similar to George's rang out across the platform.

"Oi! George! Come on, Mum and Dad need us to get Ginny's trunk for her!"

"Alright, Fred, I'm coming, I'm coming!" He turned back to me for a moment and said, "So I'll see you around the school, then?"

I quickly nodded before he ran off to join his twin brother. I exhaled deeply, almost a sigh, and felt like plopping down on the platform again. I felt drained all of a sudden, and I soon figured out why. Looking at the watch pendant on my necklace, I realized that I had been talking to George for almost twenty minutes, although it had only felt like a moment. It was almost eleven o' clock by now, and the platform was beginning to fill up with students. I found Steve and Sarah, who said that my trunk was already on the train. I forced myself to give them a quick hug, wanting it to look like I lived with a normal family, before I rushed to find a compartment.