Part Thirteen

Part Thirteen

I was stunned, unmoving, as I watched his figure walk away, slumped over in silent defeat. Tears slowly began to fill my blue eyes before running down my face. I was stricken that he would suddenly believe Draco over me, after he had seemed to completely forgive me only moments before. I suddenly felt alone, without anyone to care about me, and the memory of having no parents flooded over me, as it always seemed to do, coming back at the worst moments. This lonely feeling didn't last long, though, although I almost wished it had.

I felt someone grab my arm, rather roughly, I might add, and attempt to turn me around. It was Draco, and he had some nerve to try to comfort me at a time like this. After all, most of this was his fault: if he hadn't attacked me and George, we would probably still be together and happy. But now George hated me, and it was because of the prick that was grabbing me and sparking my anger.

"Get away from me, Draco!" I yelled, yanking my arm from his grasp. He should've known that now wasn't the best time to be messing with me, but he just couldn't keep his hands off.

"Come on, babe, I'll make you feel better," he said, in that obnoxiously arrogant voice of his. I suddenly realized how much I hated the sound of it.

"No, Malfoy, leave me alone." I pulled out my wand, prepared to hex him. Unfortunately, he already had his wand already and stopped me as I raised mine with a quick Expelliarmus spell. My dragon heartstring wand flew out of my hand and halfway across the clearing behind me as he stalked forward, not looking very happy.

"Don't 'no' me, Sparrah," he growled, glaring at me. He grabbed my arm again and pushed me to the ground. I wasn't sure what he was about to do, but from his tone of voice, I knew that I didn't want to find out.

I backed away from him, still on the ground, but there was no way I was fast enough. With a quick flick of his wand and a few sharp words, he hit me with a Full-Body Bind curse. I immediately froze, unable to move a single part of my body. It was extremely frightening, especially with Draco approaching me again, a cold glint in his eye. This certainly wasn't the same Draco that approached me in the Trophy Room; this one was seductive and controlling, a heart-breaker, someone that actually wanted to harm me.

He raised his wand again, about to do something awfully horrendous to me, when a bolt of blue light hit him in the chest, knocking him to the ground. The Full-Body Bind broke as he lost his concentration on me, and I turned to see who had come to my aid. Surely George hadn't come back to save me?

No, it was my best friends, Neville and Luna, accompanied by none other than the equally infamous Fred Weasley. While I had never gotten to be very close to him, I knew him enough and talked to him every now and then, and I was completely surprised to see him helping me. After all, I would assume that he would hate me as much as his brother did.

Without a moment's hesitation, I jumped up from where I was sitting and ran to where my wand was laying on the ground. It was undamaged, and I picked it up quickly before spinning around to see the opponents left to possibly duel with. Already, Neville and Luna were attempting to fight Crabbe and Goyle in a two-on-two duel, while Fred sent spell after spell at Draco, dodging the ones that were skillfully returned toward him. From where I stood to the side, I sent an Expelliarmus spell directly at Malfoy, which he just barely dodged.

Suddenly, I saw a jet of blue light hit Fred square in the chest, and he fell to the ground fairly hard. When he didn't get up straight away, I grew a bit worried, but that may have been because I could've pictured George lying there instead. Regardless, I wasn't about to let Malfoy hurt Fred because he was trying to save me. It wouldn't be right.

"Oi! Malfoy!" I yelled, waving my wand-less hand at him, simply to get his attention. It seemed to work. "You're fight isn't with him; it's with me, you cocky, lying, prudent little prick!"