One More Week

I sat at my house this fine Saturday morning doing nothing. My mom should have been home, but nope. She has to stay in Seattle for another week to do business crap.

I was playing with a little tennis ball I found and just tossed it around in my hands. I wish I had a cat. Just this little itty bitty ball of fur. I'd name it Bubbles and I would love it. Ugh I really want a cat now. Maybe like a really fat cute one. But a baby one so that I can watch it grow and be a happy kitten. Where did these thoughts come from? No clue.

Maybe I could run down to the pet store and get a cat. I'm sure my mom wont mind.

I picked up my cell phone and dialed her number.

After a long ten minutes of convincing my mother that having a kitten is a good thing I sprung to my feet and got my shoes on. I put in my ear plugs and played some Blink 182.

After about 20 minutes I Miss You came on and I thought about Vic. I remember how he sung that to me yesterday and sounded so amazing. Could he actually like me? I mean it would explain why he sung that but I dont know he just doesn't act like it. Ever. Plus he is a total dick and I dont think I'd be able to date someone as rude and cocky and insensitive as that.

I walked into Marty's Pet store. It was a thirty minute walk which actually wasn't that bad. I mostly thought about Vic though which was weird. Well not so weird but eh. I really should get a car though. It would be a lot easier but still it would be expensive. Plus I dont really have a job to pay for that. I really should get on that. You know what? I'm going to get myself a job! And a kitten that I'm paying for with grocery money... Who needs food right?

I walked further into the store and saw just the man I was looking for. "Hi Marty. How've you been?" I asked the old man. He wasn't entirely old, just 72. He didn't look it though. He looked fifty and I'm not even trying to be nice. "Oh hi dear! What are you doing here? Finally come to work with this old geezer?" He pinched at my cheek. He was a nice man but he could be very loud. He blames it on his Italian side. "Oh no no. I was wondering if you had any kittens for sale?" I smiled politely.

Marty scratched his neck and thought for a moment before his face lit up. "Yes we do! Follow me over to the back." He walked at a slow pace. He was hunched over a bit.

We walked into a room that was filled with the adorable sound of kittens meowing and there were even some dogs in here. Oh my gosh. I nearly exploded from a cuteness over load. "See any you like?" He took out a set of keys and shoved one into a lock. He twisted it and opened a cage door. "These little ones were born ten weeks ago? Yes I believe it was ten." He took one out and it was black and white with the biggest blue eyes. He placed it in my hands and it yawned. "Oh my goodness! Is this cute little thing a boy or a girl?" I said in a high voice. I stroked it. It was about the size of half my fore arm. "He is a boy. And these are his brothers and sisters." He said, shutting the door to the large cage and picking it up. He placed it in fenced in circle that can but entered by simply hopping over it. I got in and watched the kittens tumble out. There were 8 of them including the little guy in my hand. "Awee!" I cooed. I placed the kitten down and looked at them. They were little balls of fluff! What I assume was the mother rested near the side of the cage as the kittens crawled upon her. I took a quick peek inside the cage and saw a little black ball. With ears? Oh my goodness! It must have been the size of my hand. "What's that one?" I asked Marty pointing at the other kitten. "Her? She's the runt of the litter. Isn't she cute though?" He asked. I nodded picking her up and cradling her. This one. "Can I have this one? How much is she?" I asked. She opened her eyes and they were a bright Green. "Free for you. I'll get you some litter, a box, some toys and tell you what you need. Just keep an eye on them for me?" He referred to the other kittens. "Will do! Thank you Marty!"