Chapter 13

After school, my friends and I went to the park despite the cold weather.

'What are you doing on winter break?' Connie asked as her eyes lit up. 'Well I'm going to Florida with my family. We'll spend christmas there.'

'I'm not doing anything fancy. Just at home with my mom, dad and sisters.' Ayesha admitted.

They both finished and looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

Connie rolled her eyes 'You NEVER tell us what you're doing,' she exlaimes 'but this time, you have to spill!

She poked my nose. 'Come on. Spill.' She said with a straight face.

This time, I was the one rolling my eyes 'Fine,' I sighed 'I'm probably gonna go stay with the Helstons' during the holiday.'

'Oooooooooooo~,' both my friends sang in unison.

I crossed my arms. 'What?'

'I see what's happening,' Connie grinned. Ayesha let out a girlish giggle.

I glared at them and yet again asked 'what?!'

Both of them began to sing off key 'Claude and Raven sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marr-'

I tugged both of their hair, causing them to cut off of their sickening chant.

'Oww,' Ayesha whimpered, rubbing her head.

'Now listen carefully, you too' I said. One hand was on my hip and the other pointing agressively at them 'Mr and Mrs Helston are my family. Claude is not. He is a cunt faced douche bag and I hope he dies. Because, listen up, this is the important part, because I HATE him. H-A-T-E. Hate. Understand?'

They both nodded, pretending to look like obedient little children. I couldn't help but laugh at how silly they look, cross legged on the park bench.

Suddenly, Ayesha's eyes widened. Her hand rose up like a child's when they knew an answer to a questioned.

'Yes, Ayesha?' I moaned.

'Is Claude like, your step brother or something?'

I cringed at the thought. 'No!' I shouted.

'But aren't the Helstons your family. Including Claude?'

'They never really properly adopted me. You know with the paperwork and stuff. To me, they weren't like a mom or dad. More of an aunt and uncle. So no, Claude isn't my step brother. I'm glad I'm not related to him, by blood or by law.'

They were eagerly listening to me as if my life was a best selling novel.

It was getting dark so we walked together to my apartment.

'Do you guys want to stay over, like a sleepover?' I asked them

They both nodded.

Luckily, since I cleaned my apartment yesterday, it was presentable enough for my friends.

'Here,' I handed them my spare clean pajamas.

'What do you want to do?'

'Talk about boys?'

'I'll pass,'

'Talk about clothes?'

'Boring,'

'Talk about se-'

I cut Connie off. 'Absolutely not.'

Ayesha's eyes lit up. 'I know,' she began,' how about a game of 'Truth or Dare?'

(A/N ooooooh, truth or dare! Poor Raven, what will they make her do? Find out next chapter but until the, keep reading and writing!)