Chapter Sixteen: Kuroko is amazing

"Wait, Aominecchi and you... kissed?" Kise practically yells as he and Misaki went to find their places to watch the Seirin-Shutoku match of the Interhigh preliminaries.

Kasamatsu kicks his underclassman in the back, "You idiot be more respectful!"

"Hush! Not so loud! And yes... erm... we did..." She blushes but thanks Kasamatsu none the less. To which the raven haired boy stuttered out his reply. Despite the two having been introduced nearly an hour or so earlier he still was very awkward with her.

Kise's grin splits his face from ear to ear. This is exactly what he wanted to hear, after all it was pretty rare for his friend to take an interest in girls of any sort outside of his magazines. This was just too good to pass up without any details.

"So, how was it?"

"I don't want to talk about it Ryo-chan." She admonishes him. Perhaps if she tried the direct approach he would drop it.

The blonde pouts, "Come on, don't be mean Misakicchi!"

Kasamatsu smacks him on the head, "Can't you tell she's embarrassed you idiot?"

Misaki can't help but look away from the two. This was not a topic she wanted to discuss with boys. If anything she'd rather just not think about it at all. It was embarrassing on its own and Kise trying to pry information from her just made it worse.

"Ah look! There's Kurokocchi! He's going for a pass!"

Misaki looks to where Kise is pointing. She barely catches the movement because it's so subtle. The ball just looked like it changed directions all on its own. A gasp leaves her lips, she'd heard from Kuroko what his own style was but she could hardly believe it. It truly was a sight to see.

"Misakicchi you look like you've seen a ghost." Kise laughs.

"K-Kuroko-kun is amazing!"

"I know!"

The two sit there in stunned silence watching the game. However the guy with green hair and glasses kept ramping the score up with his amazing high-arc shots. After the first shot Misaki gasps and Kise gives her an amused look.

"Ryo-chan do you know who that guy is who is making the three-pointers?"

"Ah that's Midorimacchi!"

Misaki tosses him a confused look. She knows that Kise is famous for giving weird nicknames but from that she can't tell what part of the nickname is the teen's actual name. Kasamatsu sighs and leans over a bit, a red blush on his face, "H-his name is M-Midorima Sh-Shintarou."

"Midorima Shintarou?" The name sounded strange to her but it seemed fitting. "Amazing."

"Careful or Aominecchi will get jealous, thinking you're falling for another man~"

"Shut up Kise! You're so rude!" She smacks him and turns to better watch the game. She wished Kise would stop teasing her about her relationship woes. However her eye goes right ot the ball that is speeding through the way all the way into Kagami's hand, "Wh-whoa!"

"To think that Midorima would be sealed." Kasamatsu sits forward, studying the court intensely.

"Midorimacchi is sealed?"

"Yeah, because of the super long range of the pass of that transparent guy."

"Kurokocchi."

"Right. Anyways..." Kasamatsu goes through his explanation of how Midorima and Kuroko really went head to head. It was actually very insightful and Misaki found herself impressed at the third-year's knowledge.