Chapter Fourteen: Call me Okaasan

Finding a gift for Moegi was certainly harder than Misaki ever thought it would be. Not only did she not give her any idea of what to get the girl but Misaki, being the idiot she was, told Mogei that she’d have it before the game tomorrow. How stupid could she be? 

Looking through the racks upon racks of clothes and things she had no idea what to do. When it came to picking out clothes the girl was beyond useless. Besides, she didn’t even know Moegi’s size. Though she did know that the girl liked basketball as much as she did, hell, probably even more than she did. Also, as disturbing as it was, she had a crush on Misaki’s brother. 

Yet despite knowing all of that and going almost all the way across town Misaki was having trouble finding something to pick out for her friend. It was like the gods were telling her to just give up. Going to the sports section of the store she starts to look at the basketball gear there to see the perfect thing. It was a small cellphone charm with a basketball on it. Moegi’s charm broke close to a month ago and the girl was beyond depressed, even more so when she couldn’t find one to replace it. 

Snatching the small item up she tucked it up underneath her arm. One down and one to go. As a thank-you for taking care of her Misaki was looking to get a gift for Aomine too. She’d already promised Kise that she would go to the Seirin-Shutoku game with him during Interhigh as a thank-you and he was just fine with that. So now Aomine was the only one left to search for. Though that wasn’t going well.

Misaki wasn’t about to go and buy expensive shoes for the guy. He was picky about the type of shoe he wore and she wasn’t about to get in the middle of that. She never saw him wear sweatbands so she doubted he would ever want those and other than those ridiculous magazines of his she didn’t really know what else to get him.

Misaki finally just gave up and went to ask someone if they could help her. Looking around she sees a guy with pale blue hair, he seemed nice enough. She taps his shoulder. "Ah hello there, can I ask you for a quick favor?"

His clear blue eyes seems to stare straight through her. He actually looks surprised that she was even talking to him, "Yes?"

"A-ah could I get your opinion on something?"

"Sure."

She motions for him to follow. Going back to the basketball section of the store she stops in front of the shelves. "See I have a friend who is obsessed with basketball and I wanted to get him a gift but I don't know what would be best. Do you have any ideas?"

He shuffles over to get a closer look at everything for a moment. "Well, what is your friend like?"

"Brash, egotistical, boneheaded, though I guess he can be nice when he wants to be."

"He sounds like someone I know as well." Reaching down he grabs out a gift card and sets it in her hands, "It might be better to just let him pick his things out by the way you've described him."

Misaki nods, "yeah probably for the best, thank you."

He nods, "It's no issue, I'm Kuroko Tetsuya."

"Oh! Wow I'm rude, my name is Imayoshi Misaki. Nice to meet you!" She smiles at the boy.

Her stomach growls all of a sudden and the girl colors. Of all the times for her stomach to tell her it wants food of course it had to be now. Kuroko however doesn't seem phased by her embarrassment.

"I know a good place nearby to grab something if you're interested." He says.

She smiles and nods, "Sure, just let me pay for this and we can go."

Going up and paying for her things, Misaki and kuroko head out of the store. It was just a short walk to a fast food restaurant, Maji Burger. It seemed like a pretty happy place with large windows and a lot of people seated around at tables. Kuroko moves ahead of her and grabs the door to open it. A few people cut ahead of the two, pushing Kuroko away from the door.