Chapter 12: Mew

I am reading contracts from possible suppliers when suddenly the office door opened.

"What are these?" Gulf stormed in my office with a face barely containing anger. In his hand are my post-it notes.

I leaned at my office chair and crossed my arms in my chest not saying anything. Then he moves closer and leaned on my desk. "What part of straight don't you understand, Mew? This is borderline insanity."

"They're just notes. If you don't like them, don't read them."

"How can I not when they're staring right at me in the coffee cup you leave at my desk, which by the way I told you numerous times that you don't have to do, even before I arrive in my office?"

Just then, Olive came into my office with the documents I told her to bring.

"Is everything okay?" She said while she approached my desk and put the files down.

I looked at the files, nonchalant on Gulf's issues. "It wasn't me who brought those coffee. It was Olive."

Gulf was getting irritated, "Semantics! You're still the one who told her to do it."

Olive was looking at us back and forth, confused at what's happening.

"If you don't like my love notes, you can just throw them away." I said, quite disappointed at how Gulf can react to my post-its. The messages there were all my personal thoughts and feelings.

"So you admit that they're love notes?" Gulf looks exasperated.

"Of course they are. But why will you throw them away, they're quite romantic." Olive said with her dreamy eyes. She read all my notes before she posts them on the coffee cups I tell her to leave on Gulf's desk every morning.

Gulf stared at her hard.

"Okay, you can throw them away then. Or I can throw them away for you Sir G." Olive said.

"Great," then he snapped the post its on my desk. "And no more coffee in the morning, I can buy them on my own." He stormed out.

"Ohhh Sir Mew, don't be so sad." Olive said looking at me with pityful eyes.

"Who said I'm sad?" I told her masking how I really feel.

"Right. You don't do sad." She said while backing away to the door.

---------------------------------------------

It's Friday today. I spent all my time in the office reading the weekly reports coming from the different department heads. The week always ends with me doing this. My employees though, have a happy hour after office which everyone celebrates at the ground floor of this building. A band gets invited to sing and the employees are served refreshments to enjoy the end of the week and de-stress. I don't go to these events.

"Sir?" Olive silently said.

"Yes Olive?"

"It's almost 7, can I go ahead?" I looked at my watch.

"I didn't notice the time. Yes you may. Are you going to the open bar?" I asked.

"Ummm, yes Sir. Sir G told me to come to join him and the others."

I raised my brow, "Did he invite you personally?"

"Yes Sir. Didn't he invite you?"

I looked at my computer and typed away. "Even if he did, I wouldn't be able to come anyway. I'm quite busy as you can see, but you go ahead and enjoy." I glanced at her, dismissing her.