Chapter 11

I know, I know. I told you lot I'd update on the seventh. Oops. Sorry life happened. And school. Anyways, here it is so read on! :D

The group blinked, then looked at the man, then blinked again. He had a tall, gangly frame with dark denim jeans and black boots. His dark hair was close cropped, not unlike a military cut. What stood out most, though that was arguable with the thick leather jacket and startling blue eyes, was the strange metal rod that was glowing a strange blue-ish color in his hand. If it was a wand, it was definitely the strangest one James Potter had ever seen.

"Blimey, get a load of 'is wand mate,' he whispered to Sirius. The stranger smirked, clearly having heard.

"Not a wand."

"Who are you?" Mary, always the outspoken one, had had enough.

"The Doctor."

"Doctor Who?" Lily questioned, staring at him intently. He just smiled bemusedly at the question as though he got it all the time, which he could have, for all they knew.

"Just 'the Doctor' thanks. And who're you lot then?"

XxXxXxXx

"Anything?" Ron shook his head.

Hermione sighed. "Figured. Didn't expect to find anything useful in the library. First and last time you'll hear me say that!" She allowed herself to laugh a bit at that and Ron joined in.

"Right. C'mon then, let's go find the others," Ron said, sighing. He wasn't entirely sure why, mainly because he wasn't letting his mind go anywhere near that line of thinking but he'd enjoyed this alone time with his female best friend.

She nodded, allowing a small sigh of her own. Still, she was thankful for what little time she did have alone with him.

"Off to the Infirmary then."

On the way, Hermione's heart thudded and she tried something she hadn't dared to before. Slowly, as they walked together, she slid her hand toward his, until their hands brushed. Their fingertips touched and to her surprise and joy, he didn't recoil. Instead, Ronald Weasley was holding her hand.

Neither spoke, as mentioning it would acknowledge it and would lead to the action of pulling away which was something neither wanted to do. As they swung open the doors to the Infirmary, hands still clasped, that they walked in on a man lounging in Madam Pomfrey's seat and the others grouped talking to him.

XxXxXxXx

"Right. Anyone want to tell me what the bloody hell is going on?" Ron asked in his usual articulate manner. His hand had tightened its grip on hers and he was staring with growing distrust.

The man merely grinned at him. "Oh, 'ello." he said with a thick Northern accent. "That's nice, thanks. I'm the Doctor. And who are you?"

"Ron. Ron Weasley and this is-"

"-Hermione Granger." She cut him off, firmly pulling her hand away.

The strangers' eyes widened a fraction but that was the only reaction given at their names. "Anyways, have either of you seen a blond? Mouthy, wearing a purple jumper, erm...about, yay high?" He held his hand up to just below his shoulder.

Mechanically, the duo shook their heads in the negative. The Doctor sighed, visibly deflating.

Hermione, much on impulse, lurched forward to rest a hand on his shoulder as he bent over to look at the desk. "Who is she, Doctor?"

He smiled softly, looking at Hermione, but not quite. She got the impression that he was seeing the blond girl. "My Rose. Rose Tyler. She-we, well, we got separated and in the confusion all I saw was a flash of black frizzy hair and then I ended up here. Hogwarts."

Hermione nodded. She'd heard stranger. She turned to the others. "You trust him?"

They nodded resolutely, none looking more solemn than Sirius which was shocking. Lily smiled softly at the Doctor.

"We'll get your girlfriend back, Doctor."

"She's not my-"

The Doctor was cut off from his denial by the window flying open wide and the adults returning in broomstick. Remus was in the lead, Marauders Map spread over his lap, wand held at the ready. Flanking him were Tonks and Sirius, wands held out also.

"Wait-" Hermione tried but it was too late as the three on broomstick shot spells simultaneously at the Doctor and he shot backwards against the wall. Ron grimaced. Things were going to get a whole lot more complicated.

AN: thus the plot thickens. With Doctor Who. Because why not? Sorry if you don't like it but I'll try and make it so anyone can understand it if you don't watch. I mean, at least the others know as much about him as you do. ;D

As always, votes and comments are appreciated and I'll be much obliged. Also, for the holidays, I'll be writing many oneshots so feel free to check them out as I post them. I also plan to update this story at least twice over vacation :)