17 | Call Seventeen

❝Mein zra late ho gya lagta hai❞

Fania was sitting on the sofa in her living room as her mother made small talk with Shazia and her son

Fania was sitting on the sofa in her living room as her mother made small talk with Shazia and her son. She took a sip of her tea and stole a glance at the man sitting across from her.

She wasn't going to lie; Shazain Sikandar was blessed with amazing genes. He had a deadly combination of midnight black hair with equally dark eyes and sharp features. This man could easily make any woman faint by just a single look, but not her.

His charm was useless when it came to Fania because she had already given her heart to a certain cheeky man.

The chatter in the room died all of a sudden and Fania snapped out of her reverie as she realized that three pair of eyes were set on her. Damn. She had not been listening. Zubaida helped her daughter out of her confusion by saying;

"Fania, honey, why don't you and Shazain take a walk in the lawn? I have to discuss something with Shazia."

When she caught Fania's panicked expression, she said; "Ahmad will be with you guys."

Her daughter let out a sigh before quietly nodding her head and standing up from the sofa. Shazain followed her movements and straightened out his plain kurta before going after Fania. They walked quietly to the back lawn and came to an awkward stop when they reached the middle. Shazain caught some movement from the side of his eye and saw that a young boy was casually taking a seat on the lawn chairs.

He must be Ahmad.

They were still out of his earshot so Shazain was relieved that he could talk with her without feeling anxious that her brother was also listening. Both of them remained silent for some while before his voice cut through it smoothly.

"So, you have a business of cake shops, huh?" he asked with a faint smile, and Fania nodded her head without looking at him.

"Yeah, I love my work." she answered with a single shrug, making Shazain raise his brows.

"What would you do when we get settled in UK? I live there, you know."

Fania's head snapped up to give him a wide-eyed look and he internally patted himself on the back for being able to make her spare him a glance.

"Aren't you being extra confident?" she asked while crossing her arms in front of her. "I haven't agreed to any of it."

He noticed how she didn't use 'yet'. Shazain clicked his tongue before replying.

"A man can hope, no? Besides, we still can get to know each other so that you do agree to it."

Fania was left bemused. Was he teasing her? She looked in his dark, nearly black eyes before diverting them to the grass and realized that yes, he was teasing her. And the worst part? He looked so innocent despite his sharp features.