13 | Call Thirteen

❝Dun dun dun!❞

Fania went to meet up with Fahad after work the next day, to discuss her plan about the whole dress up as clown thing

Fania went to meet up with Fahad after work the next day, to discuss her plan about the whole dress up as clown thing. Fahad was surprised to see her standing outside the restaurant leaning against her blue Cultus as he exited to go home. She had given him a poker face and practically ordered him to sit in the car because she wanted to go somewhere else to discuss the plan.

“What plan?” Fahad asked with his eyebrows creased together.

“You being a clown plan. Now hurry up.”

She didn't give him time to process it any further and pushed his back to make him stand in front of her car. He was gaping at her as she opened the passenger side door for him and forced him inside. She rounded the car and sat in the driver seat and pulled on her seatbelt before turning to face a baffled Fahad.

“Your seatbelt.” she pointed with her chin.

“What in the world is going on here?!” Fahad asked in a loud voice. “And my car is in the parking lot for your kind information.”

“Too bad, we're taking mine.”

She didn't wait for him to clasp his seatbelt and pressed her foot on the accelerator, making the poor guy nearly fly out of the windscreen. 

“Shît! Hold up, woman!”

He hastily pulled on his safety belt and stared wide-eyed at the road in front of him. They were going too fast.

“What's the hurry? There's no police chasing after us!”

“It's my normal driving speed.” Fania replied casually as she took a sharp turn to the left, making Fahad slam into the door.

“This is anything but normal! I'm gonna die!” he yelled to no one in particular.

“Can you please cut out the dramatics, it's distracting.” Fania stated in an irritated tone, and Fahad gave her a 'WTF' look, but shut his mouth none the less.

They reached a park in some neighbourhood and Fania told him to get out. It was nearly dusk and the sky was painted in beautiful shades of pink, purple and blue as they walked into the park and took a seat on a rustic bench.

“You're insane.” Fahad commented as he leaned back on the bench and loosened his grey tie which matched his work suit.

“Thank you!” Fania replied in a chirpy tone and took out her iPad from her bag before turning it on. Fahad could only roll his eyes.

“Here,” she gave him the iPad so he could have a look at the picture. “This is how you're gonna dress up.”

What Fahad saw could give any man nightmares for the next twenty years of his life. The joker which was smiling at the camera was completely horrendous and Fahad blanched at the idea of wearing something atrocious as that.