Part 6: Before The First Round.

It was after the meeting, Kakashi a meeting with his team. When he got to the training grounds, he saw his students battling each other. Waiting for Kakashi. Kakashi smiled.

"Good morning!" shouted Kakashi. Toshiro sweatdropped.

"It's like 2 in the afternoon, Hatake-sensei," Toshiro said before he put his Zanpakuto away. Sapphire giggled whereas Sakumo smirked under his mask.

"So what's the excuse today, dad?" asked Sakumo.

"Well I've signed you guys up for the Chunin exams!" Kakashi said excitingly. The three student deadpan.

"Then why are you happy?" asked Sapphire.

"Because I get to see how much you three grown over the years. You three have grown up since the first day I got you three as my students and I can't wait to see your skills against the other villages," smiled Kakashi. His students blushed and avoided eyes contact. 

"Alright, why don't the 4 of us go and have some lunch together before parting ways until I see you tomorrow at the exams," smiled Kakashi. 

"Okay," said Sapphire and Sakumo whereas Toshiro just nodded. Team Kakashi went to get food and talked about the exams before going home. 

The next day, Sakumo woke up and got ready before heading downstairs. He saw that no one was up yet and checked the time. 

"Shit! I'm 2 minutes late!" Sakumo shouted. He got his shoes on before teleporting to the academy. He saw his teammates there.

"Sorry I'm late. My alarm clock didn't wake me up," Sakumo said, gasping for air.

"It's fine. We have 30 minutes before the exams starts anyway," said Toshiro uncrossing his arms. Sakumo sighed in relief. Sapphire held a box out in front of Sakumo. Sakumo blinked. 

"What's the box for?" asked Sakumo.

"Well usually you're late when it comes to exams and usually don't have any breakfast, so I decided to make you some," smiled Sapphire. Sakumo blushed a little and grabbed the box. 

"Thanks," said Sakumo.

"Oh my fucking God, just kiss already," Toshiro muttered under his breath making his teammates blush. 

"Toshiro!" they both shouted. Said person smirked and walked into the academy with the two following behind him. 

"So what do you think the 1st exam will be like?" asked Sapphire. Sakumo shrugged and ate the rice balls that was in the box.

"My guess that it'll be a writing exam. I've read about the Chunin exams, after we parted ways Yesterday, in the public library. Where the Genin books are. The first one is a paper exams, the second one is a survival exams and the last one is were we fight against each other with an audience," Toshiro explain. 

"So the first exam is just paperwork. The second is teamwork. The last is one on one matches with anyone," Sakumo said. Toshiro nodded and Sapphire sighed.

"Are we really ready for this?" asked Sapphire making the 3 of them stop.

"Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to keep trying. We can always do them again," said Toshiro with Sakumo nodding in agreement while sealing a box in a scroll. Sapphire nodded as well and the three students carried on with their trip to the classroom but was stopped by Kakashi.

"Ah, good to see you guys here. I thought you wouldn't be here," said Kakashi.

"Thanks for having faith in us, sensei," said Sapphire. Kakashi chuckled and looked at his son.

"Good to see you awake, Sakumo," smirked Kakashi. Sakumo growled under his mask.

"You could've woke me up! I was 5 minutes late," growled Sakumo.

"Who fault is it that you broke your alarm clock?" asked Kakashi. Sakumo crossed his arms and looks away.

"Can we get started? You two can have your little arguments at home, not when we're on the clock," said Toshiro. Kakashi sighed and nodded before taking a step to the side.

"Good luck and remember, people have died in these exams," said Kakashi. The 3 nodded before going inside.