Chapter 8: Promise.

Lirina P.O.V

You would think I would have got caught by Gracie since I Techniqu ally sleep in her room.  When she awakes. I stay as far away as I could. When she sleeps, I would get close. Vampires don't really sleep but the Royal blood can. Whenever they want to.

I've notice Gracie have nightmares. She would shake in her sleep and move around fast. I would lick her hand that is off the bed to calm her down a little. She would pet me then head right to sleep. I'm now in the same spot I told Gracie I will meet her. Sitting on the rock. I stole some shorts and shirt from one of the workers rooms.

I'm sure they wouldn't care if I take it. I just know Gracie will asked why I was naked that afternoon. Since she, my mate. I got a feeling I can trust her. Whenever I am not in her room, I'll spend time with Allie. Allie would paint my nails red or brush my fur. Can't help my purrs. I do realize when I shift. My Nails are red.

"You didn't break your promise. I'm surprised" she says sitting beside me looking at the river in front of us.

"I never break promises. My mom never taught me to lie. I have no reason to" I respond.

"I'm glad your mom taught you some good in the world" she says smiling at me and looking back towards the lake.

"Your mom don't?" I asked.

"She does. It's just my dad. He is alright but he put up a nice side like he has no negative" she responds.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked looking at her. Seeing the wind blowing her hair a little. Her beautiful white tone shine looks so soft. As her eyes is narrow off.

"One day, I had a friend I grow up with. Her name was Li for short, because I could never remember her full name. I just know it was beautiful. Me and her used to play around a lot. Dress each other up and even pretend to cook. We would play hide and go seek. Typical kid games. She was my best friend...." She mumbles low softly like she is holding something back. "Anyways, even Allie would get along with her. All 3 of us was unstoppable. My mom would help out their family. Because well. My mom and her mom were close best friends. The only issue was. My dad. They were panther shifters. Her dad wasn't close to my dad. They do act like it though" she says daydreaming.

"Sounds amazing besides the dad part. It was like I was there because I have a best friend to when I was little. We had no choice but to move because we receive a threat letter saying. If we don't back off. They will haunt us down and kill us" I respond.

"Threat Letter?" She asked facing me fully now.

"Yes. There was no name on it, but I know they wasn't joking. When I was outside once. I saw an arrow missed an inch of my head as it landed inside the tree. It was aimed at me. My dad had to drag me inside. There's also this one time a guy was dress all black but had red eyes. He cut my dad side when we were walking. Then the guy licks the blood off the knife. His red eyes turn more brighter like he got stronger. My dad had no choice but to kill him off then we run back home. My parents argue but decided it's best. We leave. What happen to your best friend?" I asked when I got done explaining.

"She disappears and haven't come back" She mumbles low. I can feel the pain in her voice.

"I'm sorry that happened"

"It's ok. I am sorry you and your family went through that. Does that mean you're a panther shifter?" She asked. I nod my head.

"Wait a second. Your name starts with a Li?"

'What is she getting at'

'Listen to her. You will find out' Jess says.

"Yes why?" I answered confused.

"You look like a grown version of her. This can't it.... It can't be..." She says shaking her head closing her eyes looking away.

"What do you mean? You're scaring me" I mumble standing up.

"Her eyes was golden because she is stronger than a normal panther shifter. Your eyes are golden. Her hair was short black when we were together. Your hair long black. You and I had a best friend, but something happens. You get what I'm saying?" She asked with her eyes wide her fingers rubbing through her hair.

"Yes, but my best friend's name was Grace. And...." Something pop up in my mind from a couple days ago.

~Flashback~

'I'm still not going to trust her that fast when her very own mother was about to call us an Orange' I hear Jess snorting laughing.

'Shut up'

'Shhh. listen to them' Jess says.

"Lilly it is" Allie says nodding smiling rubbing my fur causing me to be rubbing my body against her leg and waist purring.

"Great. We will tell Grace when she gets back" The Queen orders leaning back against her throne.

~End of Flashback~

"Wait your nickname is Grace?!" I yelled shocked. She nods her head her tears form.

"So, you are my best friend that I move away from not on purpose?" I asked with my hand over my mouth.

'I told you. You will find out. Are you glad you find this out' Jess says smiling.

'Yes, I am but. If she is my best friend. Then that mean...'

"You're my Mate that turns out to be my best friend this whole time" I mumbles out as tears form. She opens her arms I run into it. Holding her close. Breathing in her scent.

"Yes. I am your best friend. I am Grace. Who is Gracie the Princess of the king and Queen" she responds hugging me tightly hiding her face in my neck.

"If so. Who was targeting me?"