Chapter Nine~ Breakaway

Chapter Nine

Breakaway

       Rose sat inan aura of tissues, her bed covered in them and chocolate that Olivia had dug out of her trunk. The two friends were sitting on Rose’s bed, cross legged and knee to knee; they wouldn’t do this ever again, and both girls could feel the realization of that scary thought sinking in.

“I’m sorry Livi,” sobbed Rose, wiping her eyes uselessly “I’m ruining our last night here.”

“Don’t you dare be sorry!” Olivia said, sitting straighter and handing Rose some chocolate “It was that git that ruined our night, and besides, it’s not over yet! We’re meeting Albus in the astronomy tower later. Would you like to make a voodoo doll of Georgia Kent, the pilock faced c*nt.” She smiled at Rose, trying to cheer her best friend up. Having your boyfriend cheat on you with a Slytherin girl was not a good way to spend your last day at school-what a way to ruin your summer.

Looking at Olivia with teary eyes, Rose nodded “I thought things would be different, Olivia, I really did.”

Taking her hands, Olivia smiled sadly at her best friend “I know Rosie, and maybe…maybe it’s time to find someone else? I mean, Malfoy is obviously not the one-in healer training next year we’ll find you someone!”

Shaking her head, Rose sobbed harder “I can’t, Olivia! I don’t even know if I want to be a healer any more…I can’t forget him, believe me I’ve tried. For some reason, I can’t breathe around him, and every time he smiles at me…I just know.”

            The train ride to London was uneventful the next day, Rose spending it in a compartment with Albus, Olivia, Ian and Leanne. The five each wore their house colours as seventh years did on their last day; Rose, Olivia and Ian wore gold and red, Albus wore green and silver, and Leanne wore blue and bronze. Albus had his nose pressed up against the window, Olivia was comfortably leaning against Ian’s chest and Leanne was looking through the booklet about Wizard Law.

“I am going to die.” Groaned Leanne “This programme looks harder than all seven years put together.”

“My Mum did it, and she said it wasn’t that bad.” Said Rose, flipping through her own booklet on healer training. She was honestly reconsidering the whole thing; the ministry was rather daunting, and Rose wasn’t sure if it was for her.

“Yeah, but your Mum is Hermione Granger.” Leanne said, throwing the booklet aside. “I can hear the trolley coming, anyone want anything?”

As they shouted out their orders, Albus suddenly jumped to his feet and whooped loudly “MERLIN’S MOTHER’S KNICKERS! I SAW ONE! I FINALLY SAW ONE!!”

The five rushed to the window and looked out, and to their surprise they too saw a large creature flying through the sky the colour of emeralds. “Merlin’s beard…” breathed Rose “Is that a-”

“DRAGON!” shouted Albus, eyes bright behind his glasses as they were knocked askew in his excitement “I SAW A BLOODY DRAGON!”