chapter eight ◊ thgie retpahc

😭 Sorry for not updating yesterday! I was up till 4am doing a physics project on a Friday and was too busy Saturday so please give me pity!

Vote if you want ;P

The demons that are attacking are the image

+not edited+

But the blue dispersed as fast as it came, his eye colours sucked back to black.

His voice was smooth, it slicking across my arms in a slow, eerie way. "It seems like you don't like it when my friends visit."

I tilted my head to the side, his gun following suite. "And you must be the son of a bitch who is starting the demon leaks."

He bitterly laughed and put a guilty hand up. "What can a man do to get a lovely woman's attention?"

"Calling would've been nice."

"Or via email!" Isaac said.

The boy's existence insignificant to both of us, I kept a long, hard, curious stare at my ex-lover. "Do you know me?" I asked.

He shifted his gun a bit, a little uncertain. "Ah, not really. I know you pose a threat towards the uprising of my people thus resulting you into your upcoming death that I shall bring forth."

I slipped a low wince. "If this formal, Shakespeare jabber is supposed to make the moment more dramatic through your attempted sophistication, I highly doubt that is an efficient method."

He looked insulted.  "You talk shit," he vigorously growled.

I spat out a quick laugh. "That's more like it."

His fingers suddenly clenched on my cheeks, pinching into my gums. I held in a wince and he pressed the cold gun against my lips. "It's sad how my own demons couldn't do such a simple task."

I nudged closer to the gun. His dirty blond brows knitted together. "Kill me," I whispered.

The grip on the gun tightened. "I will," he sternly declared.

I opened my mouth, words soft as silk as they ran down his shivering spine. "Kill your own lover."

His body stiffened, thumb paralyzed at the trigger. "Lover?"

My cheeks went hallow as I entered the tip of the gun into my mouth, teeth grazing against the barrel. "Kill the woman you love."

The darkness in his eyes swirled again, black chasing after grey and then mixed into a muggy blue. He gradually retracted his gun, stunned lips open. "Jessie?"

I grabbed onto his wrist and my hair whisked back to see the bullet go past. I twisted his arm around and slammed his stomach into the desk, shoving his face down. I brought my mouth to his ear and hissed, "I don't who the hell Jessie is but I do know you just got played."

My nerves twitched and I spun the man around, using him as a shield as the demon threw himself at me. The man's eyes turned black as his own demon accidentally sliced it's nails across his chest. He ripped away from me and a gleam of silver rose from his fingers before his fist crashed onto the demon. A strip of fire whipped out of the demon before it's body dissolved, it's final howl the only part of it left.

His leather shoes clunked to turn around, breath now heavy. My gaze rested on the three red cuts that ran along his white Armani suit.  I snorted and raked my eyes down his suit again.  "You know you're coming to a muddy forest to slaughter people and you decide to wear white."  I glance at the people and demons in the room.  "Logistics of that anyone?"