chapter twenty eight - thgie ytnewt retpahc

Cameron was next to kneel in his Marvel pyjamas.  There was a comical relief when we realized didn't change his out of his apartment pyjamas and when he bowed down, I thought of that scene where Peter Pan led Wendy and her brothers to Neverland.

But before he lowered his head, he gave me that bone chilling stare into my eyes where he could see into my heart, mind and soul.  I supressed the shiver and eyed him right back.  I wish I could read his mind.  Having enough of his onceover, he completed his bow with a lowered head. 

I stared at both boys, Grim and Isaac in their war ready attire Cameron made them put on a few days ago.  They were good at masking reactions too.  We had come a long way and I mentally praised them for how much they changed, especially Isaac.  As funny as it was, he had a choice to leave.  He could've left whenever he wanted to but he stayed. 

And I had an idea it was no longer because he had nowhere to go. 

I looked at Grim and found him watching me.  He knew Alice like nobody else.  I never admitted it but he could sense my wants, know when my hairs stood on ends and memorized all the buttons that pushed me.

Grim advanced a step so we met brow to brow.  The energy between us made my body glow and I felt the heat rise.  "You steal things, Alice Hatter.  First you steal my conscience, then you steal my heart.  And now you want my trust."  His breath fanned across my face and our mouths were inches away.  Softly, he spoke, "I let you take what rightfully isn't yours but this time, I want something in return." 

I didn't want to back down.  I scoffed with such amusement that I almost believed myself.  "I thought taking your virginity was enough of a 'return'.  Orgasms cost plenty these days."

His face didn't blow up in redness as planned and he remained grave.  "No, Alice.  I don't want that."  He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.  "I want your forgiveness." 

My confusion slipped past my mask and I carefully studied his face for any important sign.  "For what?"

"Just promise me you will let me have it.  Always.  For whatever I do, I want you to forgive me." 

"Grim—"

"If you promise this, you can have my trust."   

I stared into him and suddenly, I was giving more than just my forgiveness.  I was giving him the one thing that killed me, both as Jessie and Alice.  My trust.  "Promise." 

"Good."  And with that, there was a glimmer by his wrist and I didn't realize his scythe was invisible in his hands and before I could move, he was a blur and there was a quick shing and then my father's head hit the ground.  Grim landed back on his feet and my dad's body stood for a second longer and collapsed.  The glimmer of Grim's scythe fit perfectly with the blood lined down the blade, and he dared to look at me with no hint of guilt. 

+++

A/N: 0 to 100 real quick.

Love you Wattpadians and I'll try my best to update quick!!

Grim up thereee.

I've lost many of you on this journey so I just want to thank those who decided to stay :) You mean the world to me.

Xx8tracks