Auradon Girls

CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

"Ellie, please, over here! Ellie!" Reporters call bringing Ellie out of her daydream.

"Only three days to the Royal Cotillion," A lady says before holding out her microphone to Ellie.

"Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?" A girl asks before holding out a recording device.

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" A guy asks before Ellie smirks at the reporter as she flips her hair over her shoulder.

"Well, do you like being a brunette?" Another lady asks causing Ellie to frown as she remembers what she has done to her hair to fit in.

"Mal, is your mother still a lizard?" The first lady asks causing both girls to glare at her. Mal had taken on the role of Ellie's advisor since Evie was a little occupied with her clothes business.

"Okay. All right. Excuse me," Ben says as he makes his way through the reporters, with an apple in his hand. Mal walks off leaving the couple alone. "Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes." Ben wraps an arm around Ellie's waist as she just smiles at the cameras.

"Did you ever think you'd be with a Villain Kid?" The first lady asks causing Ben to fake chuckle.

"We're done here," Ben tells her with a smile.

"Okay. Shush, shush. Shoosh, shoosh. Shoosh, shoosh. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing," Fairy Godmother says as she comes to stand in front of the couple. Ellie lets out a sigh as she leans her head on Ben's shoulder causing Ben to look down at her with a smile. The reporters go to ask more questions but Fairy Godmother makes them leave. "Ellie. Ben."

"Fairy Godmother," They both say before she walks away.

"Whew," Ellie sighs as she looks at Ben with a smile.

"Don't pay any attention to them," Ben tells her with a reassuring smile.

"Well, that's a lot easier said than done, right?" Ellie says with a laugh as she playfully pushes Ben's shoulder.

"I know. I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away," Ben says.

"Yeah," Ellie agrees eagerly.

"You know, what do..." Ben starts before looking at his watch. "I have a council meeting. I'm so late!"

"That's okay," Ellie tells him as she hides a frown with a fake smile.

"We'll... We'll do it sometime. Uh..." Ben says before going to kiss Ellie but she is pulled away by her sister, who has Mal in tow behind her.

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Evie tells her before she looks at Ben. "Hi." Evie turns back to Ellie quickly. "Let's go. Let's go."

"Bye, Ben," Ellie says as she goes to kiss Ben's cheek but Evie drags her away.

"Bye," Ben says with a smile as she leaves.

"King Ben! King Ben! King Ben!" The reporters say as they swarm him.

"Uh..." Ellie says as Evie pulls her shoulders back. "Oh!" Evie zips the dress up. "Okay, sis, I cannot breathe."

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion," Evie tells her as she looks at the dress. The dress is the royal blue and yellow. Ellie was trying her hardest not to fuss about the colors or style since she is trying to play the part of Ben's girlfriend.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Ellie says as Evie fluffs her dress bottom.

"Impeccable," Evie says as she looks at the dress before blowing a kiss. Ellie glances at the coat rack before she sees her and Mal's jackets from the Isle.

"Evie? Mal?" Ellie asks as she tries to get their attention.

"Hmm?" Evie responds as she measures Ellie's waist.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Ellie asks them before she sees Mal nod, who is looking for a spell to help Ellie out.

"That's funny," Evie says sarcastically before the royal news comes on. "Ah! Look who's on TV." The news shows Ellie and Ben dining with Jasmine and Aladdin.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine," The reporter says. They show Ellie trying to be secretive as she spits some food into her napkin before receiving a new one causing Ellie and Mal to laugh. "Six months ago no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

"Yeah. No kidding," Ellie says with a sigh.

"Ellie must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion," The reporter says before Ellie gasps remembering the book she has to read. "when she will officially become a Lady of the Court."

"Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything she needs," Mal reads out of the spell book before she moves her finger over the book about being a lady of the court. Ellie then starts reading it really fast.

"I know Ellie's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Evie says as she walks over to the bed. "I mean you still have secrets."

"Evie, you remember what I was like before Mal started helping me. I mean, I was a complete disaster," Ellie explains to her before she goes back to reading.

"Well, personally, as one of your best friends and sister, I strongly believe that this spell book..." Evie starts as she grabs the spell book from Mal's lap.

"Ah!" Ellie and Mal say as they reach for the spell book.

"It belongs in the museum, along with our mirrors," Evie finishes causing Ellie to pout. "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right."

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Ellie asks Mal and Evie.

"Yes," Mal says as she nods in agreement.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie asks to clarify.

"Yeah!" Ellie answers excitedly.

"No!" Evie says as she looks at her sister as if she had grown another head.

"What?" Ellie and Mal ask her shocked.

"Why would we?" Evie asks as she walks over to Ellie and Mal. "Sis, M, come here." She grabs their hands and pulls them in front of the tv. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now." On the tv it shows Ben feeding Ellie a blueberry.

"Since Ellie revealed her love of blueberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..." The reporter says as it shows Ellie feeding one to Ben.

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here," Evie says with a smile while still watching the tv. Ellie looks down with a frown as Mal rubs her shoulder in comfort. "So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Ellie and Evie look at each other before Evie looks at the table. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them."

"Mm. Severe," Mal says as Ellie fakes a smile before Ellie changes and they head to class.