Part 4

The next morning I woke up and got dressed. I walked to Scotty' s room and woke him up. His room is a mess, parts of machines and stuff everywhere. He got up excited with the good news and kicked me out of his room so he could get ready. I wasn't hungry and neither was Scotty so we skipped breakfast. I grabbed my baseball mitt.

I walked outside a little before Scotty and saw Benny walking out of his house. He smiled and waved and I waved back, "Hey y/n!" he yelled as he walked across the street. You smiled, "Hey Benny, my brother is finishing up, then we can go." I said. Benny laughed and nodded and we kinda just stood there for a while not doing anything.

After a few minutes Scotty finally came running out of the house. Benny looked at him and said, "I hope you can forgive me for yesterday, it was an accident man." Scotty laughed and said, " It's fine, let's just play ball." I laughed and we started walking.

We walked behind a store and I saw Benny's friends. One of them was doing an impression of Babe Ruth. No one could guess who it was but I knew. But I kept quiet, standing there awkwardly. Like I said no one knew who the chubby kid was acting as so he finally told everyone. "The Great Bambino." he said and everyone went, "ohhhhh."

Scotty had a confused expression on his face and said, "Who is The Great Bambino?" Everyone looked back at us and I put my hand on my forehead, so did Benny.

Everyone explained and Scotty pretended to know what they were talking about. Then Benny introduced everyone to us and we went to play.
Benny was walking ahead with all the other boys while I stayed behind with Scotty. He was facing the ground and I could tell he was embarrassed. I tapped on his shoulder and he said, "Go away." as he walked ahead of me. I just left him alone.

When we got there everyone went to the bases and Benny to do us where we would be going. "Scotty will go to Left center and y/n...you can come and..." he took a minute to think, "I guess you can come and hit with me...I mean...if you want." He said. I shrugged and we started walking when Scotty goes,
"Here?" Benny looked back and went, "That's left, I said left center." signaling where to go. Scotty went and I walked up with Benny.

He smiled and winked at me and as he hit the ball. I smiled back and started to blush. What's happening? Why am I feeling this way about him. We have just met. Benny hit the ball and it went soaring but Scotty missed it. Benny smiled at me then went to Scotty and told him what to do. I smiled, he was so cu- No! Stop feeling this way about him! We are just friends!

Benny hit the ball to Scotty again and Scotty...caught it. He caught it! I started cheering for him and Benny gave Scotty a thumbs up. Then it was my turn, "You won't be able to hit it, your just a girl." Ham said. I rolled my eyes and Denunez threw the ball at me and I got it, far. Benny caught it and everyone started cheering. Ham looked at me, "Not bad." I smiled.

Benny looked especially happy. Which made me happy.