My Brother: Cupid Ch. 9

I shut the door to my house. I have to admit after spending a week in a haunted house that coming back to my brother's romantic house was a bit of a relief. But when I looked around the house wasn't up to Chase's normal standards. In fact it was quite messy.

"Who's there?" I heard Chase yell.

"It's me, Todd," I said. I turned around to put my shoes away when I got hit by a 21-year-old romantic.

"I've been worried sick about you. Where have you been?" he said.

I was going to answer. I was, honestly, but I got distracted. "I was . . . Aw, Man, you look awful." And he did. His normally curly cherub hair was stick straight and all out of place. His blue eyes were in company with huge bags right under them. He was still wearing a pair of heart pajamas even though it past noon. And he stunk.

"I've been worried about you," he said. "That's not important now. I figured it out."

"What? What did you figure out?"

"How to make things right between you and Haley," he said.

"What?" I said.

"That's why you were mad right? Well I figured it out. A way to solve your problem with Haley without using love magic," he said.

"I'm listening."

"You need to tell her the truth."

"You mean -"

"You need to tell her that I'm Cupid."

"Wait. What? Are you serious? Why?" I said.

"Because you were really upset about it. And that's what brothers do for each other," he said.

Here was making another sacrifice for me. "No. You could loose your place on the Council of Holidays. I can't let you do that," I said. "They weren't to happy when you told me, and they were only okay with it because they agreed that if I lived with you then you'd probably have a hard time hiding it from me."

"It's worth it," he said. "For you."

"No, it's not," I said.

"Todd, invite her over tomorrow. Tell her that you have a secret that she needs to know. Trust me, everything will be okay," he said.

"No. I get to do things for you too," I said.

"What are you talking about? Do this for me," he said.